Ozark... I Can't Watch It Any Further

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've binge watched up tp season 2 episode 9. I can't get into it. I tried. I really tried. I don't like the characters and I don't like the acting and the story line is ridiculous, to me.

I like Jason Bateman as an actor, generally, but he's pretty much the same guy all the time. What irritates me about his acting in this show is that he exudes this underlying confidence where you know he's not afraid at all because he knows he's directing and his character will move forward. There's no risk.

The same can be said for Brian Cranston's Walter White but Cranston makes you believe he's really afraid and not all the time in control.

Laura Linney's acting drives me up the wall. She does this thing where she pauses in one of her endless soliloquies and smiles a full face smile or she will chuckle. She does it as a staple in every character she ever played. It annoys me, lol.

Julia Gardner as Ruth Langmore is not a good fit but it doesn't matter because her character is not believable, to me. She would have never made it that far in life with a mouth like that. SOMEONE would have slapped the crap out of her and she would have learned the fine art of knowing when to shut up.

I just found myself not caring what was happening to any of the characters.

This is added to The Walking Dead. I just can't get into this show either. I tried but I can't move past the whole zombie thing.

I finished binge watching Mad Men. I love it. And we finished The Sopranos not long ago. Love it. It's a bit too soon to watch Game of Thrones but I intend to binge that one in the near future.

2. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

I have a friend who is really into the show. He has hated Season 2.

Bob Mc, DaphneBlue and Torren61 like this.
  3. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

That is one of those shows I watch "on the side" when I don't have something better. Right now, my daughter and I are working our way through "Mr. Robot" instead. Of course, BoJack Horseman ruined that show for us, so we use those references to poke fun.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

We watched Ozark from the beginning and liked it very much. Just finished the latest season last night.

We watched all of Mr Robot too. I liked the first 2 seasons, but then it became borderline incomprehensible, so my interest tailed off.

Bob Mc, Charlodius and Torren61 like this.
  5. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

We bailed on it long ago, probably made it through most of one season.

Shortly before that, we were bingeing on Arrested Development, and started on Ozark because of Jason Bateman in that show, though he was the weakest character in that series, probably due to the crazy eccentric characters around him in that one.

Torren61 likes this.
  6. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

I tried Ozark a couple of times. I'm not sure I made it through Episode 1. I don't really remember why. I think there was something about the setup of the drama that irked me. It disappointed me, because I like Jason Bateman, and people kept telling me that I would really like the series. But there was just something wrong, and it seemed like it was going to be forced and tedious.

Torren61 and thunderbyrd like this.
  7. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

OMG Arrested Development is the funniest show of all time. I started a different thread recently about under-the-radar shows - that one should be on the list.

8. Danb541

Danb541 Tele-Holic

I've watched Ozark and have really liked it until this current season, I am in the middle of it and it's getting pretty "out there".

Torren61 likes this.
  9. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I tried to watch Ozarks also, it just didn't work for me. it was awhile back and I don't remember what exactly I didn't like.

I really love Westworld on hbo. very, very dense plotting with characters that seem to get deeper the more you watch it.

Torren61 likes this.
  10. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I really liked the first season. The second season wasn't bad. I'm having trouble getting past the first episode of Season 3, and I've made several tries.

11. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

Ozark definitely has its flaws. It's a show that benefits from binge watching as the plot holes get larger the more time you spend thinking about it. That said I do enjoy it and for what it's worth Season 3 is much better than Season 2.

Torren61 and telestratosonic like this.
  12. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

We finished watching Season 3 last week. I sometimes get frustrated watching it but I'm hanging in there so far.

Torren61 likes this.
  13. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

I started to lose track of Westworld. I kept having to repeat the previous season to remember where I was. Normally, that's a bad thing, but I didn't mind. I'm not sure if I'm a season behind since I cut the cord. I guess eventually I'll catch up.

14. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

It's probably just "me", but I find the writing to nearly all contemporary shows to be lacking.....and even moronic. It's almost like they've simply run out of sensible plotlines. Mad Men was, generally, good....but it had some serious weaknesses.
    The last series I saw that was close to being flawless, was DiVinci's Inquest. It was (is) a Canadian series, and has incredible writing, acting and production. No zombies or werewolves, and often little action or violence, but when one episode ended, I couldn't wait for the next. Don't know where it might be available, but if you find it, it's well worth watching.

Torren61 likes this.
  15. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I just finished watching all seven seasons of "Mad Men" for the third time and I'm now suffering withdrawal.

16. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

farther.

17. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Meister

I’ve really enjoyed Ozark. It’s not perfect. I wouldn’t rank it with the likes of breaking bad, sopranos, the wire etc. But I like the the pace of it.

18. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

I dig Ozark. If you analyze any of these types of shows(Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, etc.) there are always plot holes and unrealistic elements. One tends to notice them more when one just plain doesn't like the show. The good news is these days there are more than enough options on Netflix, Amazon Prime and alike. So many choices--so little time!

telestratosonic and Torren61 like this.
  19. televillian

televillian Tele-Afflicted

never heard of it til now

20. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

I totally dig it. Really liked season three. Now Netflix: bring ZZ Top to Germany please

Torren61 and telestratosonic like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.