Over 50, hair cut short, goatee, not “slim”, dark t-shirt w/ writing on it.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, May 16, 2019.

1. geektoad

geektoad TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

between the "old guys long hair" post, this one and a couple others....some people here seem overly concerned with what other people look like.

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I got my first onesie last year. They are great for winter couch slothing.
    I haven't been game to venture out of the house in it yet. If they just had more pockets they would be the perfect outfit.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

trapdoor?

4. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Unfortunately no, add that to the list of improvements needed along with the extra pockets.
    It does have a hood though.
    They take some getting used to, i'm still at the blinds drawn stage when wearing it.
    It's like a pair of fleece lined track pants that don't stop at the waist but instead morph into a hoodie.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

Over 50, hair cut short, goatee, not “slim”, dark t-shirt w/ writing on it.

Yeah, that's me.

brookdalebill likes this.
  6. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Great tune.

hotpot likes this.
  7. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

silver foxes, baby

don't let the vultures drag you down

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  8. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I'm over 65. Hair is uncut and long, beard is untrimmed, and long. As for "slim," well, in the words of Roger Miller, I'm "short but not too big around." I consistently wear dark T-shirts, especially when I gig, because dark hides the fact that I sweat when I gig. And most all of my tees have writing on them.

Oh, and add in to my consistent look a Stetson hat and roper boots. This is me, 365 days a year. I've had a beard since 1980, and no one is going to see this chinny chin chin agin. Both my hair and beard have changed color over the years, but otherwise the look remains the same. If my look means I'm following a herd, I'm following from so far back that I've never seen them!

11-02-2002 - Me playing at John & Jane Wilson's.jpg 06-23-2018 - Trapped in guitar T-shirt.jpg

^ This! ;) Absolute truth here. I've said for many years that I'm not into unnatural acts like shaving and haircuts. :twisted:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    brookdalebill, hotpot, flathd and 5 others like this.
  9. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah, that's right...I stand corrected!

I have a Maynrd G. Krebs tuft of beard on my chin then, unconnected by my mustache.
    I also own some bongos

This means I'm cool, right? RIGHT!?

Chunkocaster likes this.
  10. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I almost never wear printed T shirts.

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  11. blowtorch

I'm doing it an awful lot less these days. At one point I just suddenly didn't care much to be a walking billboard, even for stuff I think is cool/clever/funny whatever

MilwMark and Mike Eskimo like this.
  12. Ian T

Ian T Tele-Holic

I stopped worrying about fashion when I got out of junior high. I do believe being a fashionista may help music career; I mean look at SRV and Hendrix, among so many others. So no doubt my plain functional clothes and short hair has not served my music career. But it's nice going through life worrying about what other dudes or myself are wearing. It's all superficial. Show me what you do, not what you wear.

However, I do appreciate women's fashion trends....I do enjoy yoga pants.

The other day I drove past the high school when they were getting out and a bunch of dudes were wearing bright colored pajama pants. There are guys at the climbing gym that are wearing leggings now. So I guess I do notice fashion, after all. I just shake my head and wonder what this world is coming to. Good think I don't have a son that wants to dress like that.

El Tele Lobo, scrimmer and LGOberean like this.
  13. grayback

grayback TDPRI Member

Late 50s and wearing my retirement uniform-T-shirt, shorts, flip-flops. Got more than a touch of grey in the beard.

14. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

You one brave SOB to admit that around here, Chunko! :lol:

aerhed and Chunkocaster like this.
  15. blowtorch

He did okay DESPITE the hats and ponchos

16. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

62 here... I've had a mustache goatee thing for a few years now. The wife likes it so I keep it. Just a few years back I liked to keep my hair short, but the fatter I got the worst it looked, so I lost some weight (about 30 lbs.) and grew the hair out. It's not so long as to be called hippie, but it is long enough to need hairspray. Here again the wife likes it so I keep it. As for black t-shirts... Well I have a few, but MUCH prefer a dark grey. I pair that with jeans and sneakers. Not even sure I own a regular pair of shoes anymore. I do have cowboy boots and work boots and a pair of dock shoes - but I'm generally in sneakers. I seldom wear cargo pants - but I do own several pair - and truth be told I'm in a black pair today. With a grey t-shirt of course.

17. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It wasn’t so much that I noticed what other older gentlemen looked like, simply what a gigantic percentage of older gentlemen looked like.

Wait - what o_O

18. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Back in 1994, the manager of the bookstore for which I worked (I was the assistant manager) wanted me to be clean shaven. Her husband was an officer in the DPS, so I guess her ideal look for a man was a severely shorn state trooper. (Ironic that her "ideal man" ran off and left her for another woman.) She couldn't really order me to shave, but she thought she'd try the old "You'll look 10 years younger" ploy.

Didn't work. Back in 1971, a line from John Denver's song "Poems, Prayers & Promises" really resonated with me: "It turns me on to think of growing old." So from 1971 to 2018 (my next birthday's in November), I've never had a birthday where I wasn't outright happy to be growing older. So the gray that was already showing up in my beard back around 1994 was no cause for concern on my part.

And I certainly don't care now. Again, I'm 65, I've been married for 46 years, all three of my children are in their 40s, and I have 19 grandchildren, the oldest is 23. I want to brag about these things, so I should look this old! :twisted: Besides, this is the only look for me that my grandchildren have ever known.
    Me at Whataburger Field 06-21-2015.jpg

Mike Eskimo, hotpot, beagle and 2 others like this.
  19. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I come here for fashion advice. I was told to get suspenders and I agree with you. Belts on men of my gut girth are an exercise in the absurd. Also, I was advised to do a combover and that has suddenly made me very popular with certain ladies nostalgic for the 70’s.

DNestler, aerhed and Chunkocaster like this.
  20. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Afflicted

But, trimming it is not...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.