Over 50, hair cut short, goatee, not “slim”, dark t-shirt w/ writing on it.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, May 16, 2019.

1. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, It's my Harley Benton TE 90QM P90, outrageously nice telecaster & cheap as chips too.

2. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

You were thinking about me when you wrote this, weren't you!!

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I like to stick with the classic look, plain black, white or grey v neck t-shirt with faded denim jeans, Kinda like if James Dean lived a harder life and long enough for a middle aged spread to creep in and his wheels to start falling off.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    LocoTex and Jim622 like this.
  4. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

Untrue!

Surely, Mitch Miller and Burl Ives were not evil

[​IMG]

upload_2019-5-16_13-12-6.jpeg

El Tele Lobo, scrimmer and drlucky like this.
  5. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Under 50, but don't see much changing by then.

Short hair. Guilty. Duh. Doesn’t grow like it used to. No product necessary. Get lots of compliments since I started my “three Clipper guard” routine once a week.

Now we have an anti short hair and anti long hair thread? Please enlighten me on the proper medium length range.

Black T. No words, but otherwise guilty. Now this is controversial? Black looks good on everyone.

Goatee? I don’t know. Not a fan of a full goatee on my face. I grow a patch on the chin. Not sure what you call that. Had a friend who came to an outdoor show say “as we walked up I was wondering who the rocker was on stage with the shades and cool beard. As we got closer I realized it was you.” I’ll take that.

Not as fit as I was at twenty? Sure. I’m the ******* at lunch eating a salad with no dressing while my friends are eating gyros and burgers. And eating some stupid That’s It pressed 100% fruit bar, or just a piece of fruit, for a snack while they grab a candy bar or cookie or ice cream. And working out hard 4-6x weekly. And I carry 10lb extra relative to them easily. What’re ya gonna do?

Oh, and I ain't hiding. If you look closely you can see me at the far right (stage left) in my avatar pic. Black T. Go figure. . .

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    getbent likes this.
  6. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Last time I played with The Blowtorches in Milwaukee, it was a fest with many bands playing. The drummer and I unknowingly walked past the bassist, he was parked on the street and we were on the sidewalk, bassist caught up with us and laughed, he said he saw us and thought "who are these two? they look more badass than anyone I've seen here" and then realized it was just us :p

El Tele Lobo and MilwMark like this.
  7. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

Or Shel Silverstein!

But - what about Svengali? Oh. Never mind. He had long hair. "And they say he never bathes."

Uncle Shelby.jpeg

Svengali.jpg

8. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

One thing I have noticed when I watch movies like "Woodstock", is how much better looking young people were back then. No one was overweight,full thick heads of hair. Not like todays fat douchey looking knee shorts wearing shaved bald tatooed first name Kyle or Josh pitbull owning schlubbs. And women actually LOOKED like they liked guys, too.

"Nearly everyone's fat nowadays."

I see you've been to Florida!

9. blowtorch

Yeah, women generally stopped dressing for guys quite some time back now

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  10. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

No you wuzn't!

larrycableguy-tv.jpg

LocoTex likes this.
  11. Tim Disney

Tim Disney TDPRI Member

I'm 31 and a teacher. I started at a high school when I was 24 and felt very under-dressed compared to many of the older male teachers. They all seemed to be wearing ties, if not suits, whereas I tended to wear some kind of button up shirt with a sweater over it, Levi's pants and boat shoes.

Now, a scant 7 years later, I dress the same (literally same clothes in most cases) and I often feel overdressed. Maybe it's just perspective, but I feel like things have changed in that timeframe and as a generation has more or less retired.

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't like shaving, and so I have a short beard. I trim it down every two weeks, and just shave the neck daily. I'm also vain enough to think that it hides my double-chin. I don't wear t-shirts, though. I prefer looser button-down, untucked short-sleeved shirts that don't accentuate my big gut. The hair is short because I'm losing it on top and short looks better.

My wife thinks I'm handsome. That's good enough for me.

13. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's

hotpot likes this.
  14. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

No facial hair, hair cut short, t-shirt, no writing, mostly, I don’t like to be a billboard, if I have writing it means something

Jim622 likes this.
  15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

C’mon. This is an observational thread.

Not an anti-anything thread.

Like saying “every third person that walks by my house is 28 with a beard and some tight brown or green jeans, a hot skinny girlfriend/wife, and they’re walking an odd dog.” (Millennial hipster central around here).

An observation - not a slam.

1.) Sensitivity can be a detriment to self-confidence .

2.) I’m so guilty of blathering out of my A all the time that I check my underwear in the morning to see if I was talking in my sleep.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  16. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I'm out of uniform today. Cool to cold weather, the uniform is jeans, gray, black or indigo, or chinos, beige, blue or gray with a long sleeve shirt. Flannel under 40 and cotton over that. In warm weather the shirt changes to a polo. I wear mostly high end clothing, not because I'm a snob or think think it looks better. It lasts longer and looks good longer. I'm neat but casual. I'm an engineer and I have a dirty job today. So out of uniform means more an old uniform than a real change. The jeans are well worn and the shirt has also seen better days. Yard work clothes. Just about right for a dirty warehouse. I have T-shirts that I wear in the summer or on vacation. I have a collection of vacation destination ball caps, Maui, Kauai, etc. I have a well worn deer skin leather jacket that I got in Paris. It's turned out to be the least costly jacket I've ever had because it's lasted so long and will probably outlast me. My hair starts short and gets cut when my wife can't stand it any more. I think what defines a look for us older folks is that it doesn't change much over time. My kids' wardrobe changes as styles change. Mine changes as it wears out and gets replaced.

17. blowtorch

Me too. The hi-end stuff that I find at the thrifts.

At any given moment, everything I'm wearing except underwear and socks is more likely than not to be from Goodwill or St Vinnies

El Tele Lobo and JL_LI like this.
  18. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I’ve been known to frequent the outlets. My favorite is Palm Springs. I have grandchildren in So Cal.

drlucky likes this.
  19. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nice try.

20. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, then again, I didn’t mention where I first noticed all of them…

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.