Ovation owners club

DM1975inKS

TDPRI Member
I didn’t see an Ovation owners club so here is my 1982 1619 Custom Legend. Post em if you got em.

531F01BC-2B4B-4A86-A2D8-447EB80A16F3.jpeg

6A4EB55A-AA4F-42C1-B993-0A2C4F325D28.jpeg

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
The VXT should’ve got more attention from the guitar world. It’s a solidbody with a set neck, a pair of Duncan humbuckers, and a Fishman piezo bridge with a pretty sophisticated preamp that does a great job of sounding like an acoustic, especially when you use the stereo output; you can run the electric sound into your amp with your effects of choice, and run the acoustic out into the sound system. A blend knob lets you go from one to the other or in between and of course the pickups have the usual neck/bridge/both selector and volume/tone control. Very nice neck, and made in the US.

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
IMG_0021.jpg

My Ovation Celebrity that I had bought used. Modified by adding Schaller strap locks, slotted the nut slots and slotted the bridge saddle for an extremely better action, added a solid brass cylinder with 6 holes for the strings to pass through to enhance the tone and sustain (so that I may use slinkier electric guitar strings for string bending) Plays like my Les Paul guitars.

Last edited:

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
Ovations are great guitars. Period. Used to own a great 1613 Classic, sold it only because the buyer offered 1300 euros for it. I mean, seriously? I couldn't say no to such an offer.
I would happily grab another one in the future.

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Picked up this Ovation Legend 1767 today. I’m not much of an acoustic player, seems every time I buy an acoustic it sets in its case, I never play it, and I sell or trade it a few months later.

I’ve owned three other Ovations over the years, and this is the best sounding and playing one that I’ve owned. I’ll keep this one out on a stand. Hopefully play it more often and hang onto it for a while.

AAB432A4-C9CC-4110-9E4D-41C9DECF1FCA.jpeg

Last edited: