Output Transformer 69 Vibrolux..2 companies out of biz

Krackle

Tele-Meister
Im gearing up for bad news on the OT in my Vibrolux..
Hopefully it's ok but...........

Dave Allen no longer is selling his Heyboer made transformers..

Classic Tone is out of business..

Any recommends for a replacement? I'd like to stay accurate
to the specs of the amp, a 1969 Vibrolux..

Are the Transformers for these amps pretty much the same starting in 67 or so, through the Silverface run?
Im sure they aren't circuit specific as these cicuits were revised..yes/no?

Sad to see these companies go kaput...hopefully Dave Allen will continue on with the transformers once the pandemic is finally-never-going-to-be-over (???what?)

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
A proper Hammond will be fine.
Seems like Classic Tone wasn't around long...? Or did they just fly under the radar for years?

Nicko_Lps

TDPRI Member
If you have special needs and are persistent, Heyboer will deal with you directly. However they will try very hard to steer you to a production item stocked by Mojo or other Heyboer clients.
I dont know if their policy changed but around 10 years ago i ordered 3 output transformers and a choke directly from them and they where very helpful.
Also asked a schematic for one of those OT's by mail around 2 months ago and they where helpful as well.

I guess it worth a try!

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have an original 125A6A OT. It is not a date match for a 1969, but it is the real deal.

The 125a6A/022848 OT was basically the same transformer all through the BF/SF years. The number change was only that….a number change.