Out of the loop

Fendereedo

Poster Extraordinaire
Haven't picked up a guitar in roughly 6 months, and if I did it was to sell my custom 70s vintera Tele and Jazzmaster. I'm just out of the loop with guitars at the moment. I'm sure the old feeling will come back, but at the moment, everything is just meh!

jkingma

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm also in a bit of a rut as far as playing goes. I honestly don't think I've really played in a year or more. I will pick up a guitar once in while, give it a few strums and then just not feel like it. I'm getting very rusty. I lot rustier than I usually am.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
My work hours, family stuff and obsession with a few bike riding goals cut guitar playing in 2021 but I got back at it recently.

Something keeping my interest is I'm purposely not using picks and working at fingerstyle. I've done hybrid picking but have been forcing playing a same pattern to a consistent beat.

As for guitars, I'm long past GAS. It was really fun to buy and try a bunch of stuff but I sold everything but one each of a beautiful acoustic, Telecaster and semi-hollow between 2010 - 2013.

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I was out of the loop for 40 years.

Picked up my guitar to rehabilitate some dislocated fingers (it worked). Learned about home studio recording, and now I play every day and record every week or two. Without recording, I probably would have quit playing when my fingers got better.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I was out of the loop for 40 years.

Picked up my guitar to rehabilitate some dislocated fingers (it worked). Learned about home studio recording, and now I play every day and record every week or two. Without recording, I probably would have quit playing when my fingers got better.
I had open heart surgery about two years ago. After the fingers and my left hand were numb and non feeling. My doctor knew I played guitar and told me to do that to improve the function of my arm. It worked very well. Everything came back.

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
I’ve had to cut back and change the type of music I play as the arthritis in my hands has gotten worse. I can still play, just not like I used to.

cometazzi

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I've been there. I quit playing for probably 10 or 12 years, and then for a few would pick up a guitar maybe once a month or three.

I still struggle with tendonitis and motivational problems, but then every once in awhile now all I want to do is play guitar.

I kinda think this is 'normal', even though it kinda sucks.

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
I think that as an adult we come to times in life for various reasons that our focuses change. I play several music instruments, and that along with a wonderful wife has kept me going thru a very challenging couple of years. When I dont feel like playing music, I try to listen to new music, different genres, something that stretches my concept of what is comfortable musically. That usually leads to me picking up an instrument quickly. Inspiration is out there, you will find it.