"Our second gig was Woodstock..."

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Interesting. A bit disingenuous to say that their “second gig was Woodstock” though, considering all of them were seasoned top-level pros by that time.

I don't agree that it's disingenuous. As a band it was their second gig. Period. Jelling as a band takes time... more than two gigs...so I can imagine they had 'nerves' going into this.

Last edited:

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Graham and David did the backing vocals for David Gilmours On an Island ,and in true to form di a spectacular job they also toured with Gilmour for some live european tour dates

Blackshadowrider

TDPRI Member
My first gig in the early 80's was like a page out of Animal House. My friends Punk/New Wave band was booked to play an old country bar. I was a big haired solo acoustic guy like the band Alarm before they came out. They brought me in to be the opening act because they did not know what to expect figuring a guy with an acoustic guitar at least fit. It was great because they were a local popular act and all the band followers showed up and crashed the place.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
My second gig was a midweek night at a small hometown bar.
It rained as hard as I’ve ever seen it without being associated with something tropical.
Only one person showed.
My cousin.
Stage banter went something like,
“Any requests, Larry”?

Afterwards, I was loading back into my truck and locked the keys in it with it running.
Next morning I got a flat on the way to work.
Did I mention it was an unpaid gig?

Dues.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
They redid quite a bit of their vocals for the documentary.

100% hippie aesthetic to thruth!

lathoto

Tele-Meister
Our second gig was an impending disaster. The band did not even have a name yet so we started calling ourselves "Impending Disaster." All of the country bars were on the east side of town and we ended up saving on gas.