Our pooch's parentage...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Mar 25, 2020.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

A couple down in the RGV sells puppies. We got a puppy from them November of 2016. We named her Bella, and her pictures have found their way onto this forum many times.

My wife is Facebook friends with the woman, and today my wife got pics of puppies from their most recent litter. I'll post other pics as this discussion thread progresses, but for now I'll post a new one we got today about Bella's lineage. First, here's Bella, again...
    11-19-2016 - Bella beyond cute.jpg
    03-16-2018 - Bella & Annie hanging out.jpg

Bella is what we lovingly call a "Bocker Speagle." Her father is a Beagle, her mother a Cocker Spaniel. I've posted their pictures before, as well, but here they are again...
    Bella's dad (2).jpg Bella's mom (2).jpg

We always wondered which of Bella's ancestors was a tri-color, since her parents were not. Bella was born almost entirely black and white, as is typical, but as she grew, some of her black areas faded to brown, most notably her head. When we got her at a little less than 8 weeks, her head was black except for her brown "eyebrows."

Well, today, my wife got a pic of Bella's grandma when she was but a pup...
    Bella's Grandma.jpg

My wife and I couldn't be more tickled by this photographic revelation. It's like a breakthrough on Ancestry.com or something. :)

2. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

All I know is my dog's mothers were bitches.

Dan German and LGOberean like this.
  3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Wonderful looking bunch! :)

There aren't many things on Earth cuter than a beagle puppy.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

2DC2D0B2-B0D9-4C4B-AD95-313A173C114B.jpeg
    My friends Anna & Kelly’s dog, Bella!

5. LGOberean

:lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of something I say when Bella plays tug-o-war with me. With her end of the rope or whatever clenched firmly in her jaws, she'll growl ferociously at me. I'll say to my wife, "She's in her 'mean little *****' mode!" My wife will just roll her eyes at me...as she so often does.

6. LGOberean

Thanks! When I first posted that puppy pic of Bella's on TDPRI, I captioned it, "Beyond cute." We're sure think she's a cutie.

Oh, and you should stay tuned...I'll be posting a pic of Bella's younger siblings, the most recent litter of Bocker Speagles.

nojazzhere and haggardfan1 like this.
  7. LGOberean

Bella is in the eye of the beholder. :twisted:

I think I've shared this before (there probably isn't much I haven't shared about Bella), but her name was a happy mistake.

Bella is the first Beagle I've ever had. (Our family had a Cocker Spaniel when I was a boy.) Since my all time favorite comic strip was Peanuts, I wanted to name her Snoopy, but that didn't really fit our little girl. As we were driving home from the RGV with our puppy...
    11-17-2016 - Bella, coming home.jpg

...I remembered Charles M. Schulz had created a sister for Snoopy, and I remembered that comic character as "Bella." My wife loved that, and so our pup was named before we even got her home.

But I was wrong; Snoopy's sister was "Belle." But by the time I got home and looked it up, it was too late. Bella fit her, and my wife preferred that, so she's Bella.

8. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

Bella's father looks to me like a purebred beagle be able in order to only get those two colors. It's most likely he was predominantly white with a little tan when younger. Tri-color is the most dominant color for a beagle so that's why you see grandma coming out.

Now you have another puzzle how far back do you go to find an AKC in the family?

Interesting story thank you and she's very pretty!

9. DFB1

DFB1 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I have been looking at the Colorado Beagle Rescue site.
    They have some great candidates.
    Some are not exactly pups,but close enough for me.

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

Good Luck with your quest note all beagles are different we have two sisters because they can sometimes get bored and bored beagles are comical hence Snoopy.

Here are my girls mother Maybelene
    Maybelene.jpg

Here is one of their newest cousins Leroy...he's really cute
    Leroy.jpg

Dude!

DFB1, LGOberean and nojazzhere like this.
  11. LGOberean

Dude, love those pics! Leroy is indeed a cute little guy. And Maybelene looks like Bella's dad.

Also, Maybelene made me laugh. It's a very familiar sight to see a Beagle with her nose to the ground! Whenever I let Bella out in the back yard or take her for a walk so she can do her business, she's always putting the wrong down to the grass! Her bladder or bowels will eventually demand relief, but her primary concern is sniffing, always!

As promised, a pic of Bella's younger siblings, the most recent litter of pups from her parents.
    Bella's younger siblings.jpg

DFB1 and OldDude2 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.