1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Other Interests?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tekbow, May 14, 2013.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well as evident of my many aviation thread on this board, you people already know that I'm an airplane nut. Collecting aircraft memorabilia, books and scale models.
    [​IMG]

But I'm also a comic book enthusiast and I love drawing comics myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And sometimes the love for both subjects are combined.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

I'm really into reading military and aviation history, as well as music related books. Also way into cooking, various small collections (vintage neckties, Civil War, WWI and WWII relics and items, ACL soda bottles, vintage pinbacks), and I'm ready to start doing some metal detecting with the Garrett Ace 250 I got for Christmas. My collection of 45s, LPs and CDs is vast, and my instrument collection is pretty much the same way.

Music is the all-consuming passion.

3. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Guitars and music take up most of my interest. I'm less about the mechanics of a guitars. And more about the beauty and artistry and history of music.

I am quite the history buff. I like to read, and travel and visit historical places. Not a collector, just enjoy the experience.

I also write. I do a great deal of technical writing in my job, and I'm actually working my way through my first novel. I'd say I'm about mid way there. Its not easy but its a labor of love.

While its never been a passion of mine, more and more I've been thinking about taking up photography. I love to look at photos and what always held me back was the technical end of it. I look at a scene and see a picture. But I'm not too good with complicated 'lectronics. Technology has made it pretty easy these days, so I'm thinking that since I spend so much time travelling for business, I should document some of the crazy things that I encounter in my journeys.

4. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Holic

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nope.
    I'm criminally monochromatic.:oops:
    If it ain't about wood and wires, and the noise you can make with em'.
    I ain't interested.
    No wonder no one wants to talk to me, unless they want to hear my opinion
    on wood, wires, and the noise you can make with em'.
    OK, so don't invite me to your party!:cry:
    See if I care.:cool:

6. Missipimud

Missipimud Tele-Meister

I collect plants, ID them, and submit them to the local natural science museum in order to document the flora. Science can be a hobby right? Nothing like a bag of weeds, some good tunes going, a couple beers, and keying out some plants!
    I also enjoy cooking, foraging, hunting, fishing, and gardening, but most of my time is spent renovating a 1939 house.

7. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

mostly computer oriented stuff when I'm not practicing guitar or playing in a band or building yet another pedalboard..

I like to do home-recording on my computers, and do graphic design and illustration stuff for FUN.. that means I get to do something cool and whacky... and I like video games too.

Like to read, either history stuff or rock band bios. Watch a lot of Netflix stuff on TV with my wife and daughter.

8. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

I like playing with this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These have been on here before. Just thought someone might like a revisit.

Tom

9. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

BBQ and internal combustion engines would be a good crossover with the "favorite smells" thread.

10. abracadabra

abracadabra Tele-Meister

history, economics, and railways (both real and modelled) are my main other interests.

I used to be heavily into aviation, but now I'm a little too close to it for it to be a hobby.

11. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Ok, you asked. Sorry to do this guys, but I kind of like to show this picture off. In mid January I was playing ice hockey and I collided with a player from the opposing team. Never saw him coming. One moment I'm skating, the next moment I'm face down on the ice bleeding all over the place. It turns out we went face to face, only he had a face mask on and I didn't. Suffice to say, I wear a face mask now. Here's the aftermath:

Attached Files:

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

After the model car pics, I had a helluva time figuring out how big this was! :lol:

13. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Motorcycles, motorcycles, motorcycles, guitars, motorcycles, motorcycles, motorcycles.

In that order.

[​IMG]

Ok, sometimes maybe a little artwork.

14. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Motorcycles- I have an '84 RZ350 that I used to race, now it's a street bike, makes only 60 HP on the rear wheel now!!

I built turbo kits for awhile for Kawasaki ZRX's,my street bike made 239 HP on the wheel, made it easier to get to work on time!! ;)

I set a record on a turbocharged Hayabusa at Bonneville, 236.814 MPH, that record has been upped by another crazy guy that I know with a turbocharged Hayabusa!!

I like building hotrod pickup trucks too, I had a '77 C10 with a 406 small block that ran 12's, and looked pretty stock, and a 77 GMC 454 that ran pretty good.....

I just acquired a clean '52 Chevy truck, not sure what I'll do with that, I was thinking a LQ9 stroker and a 4L80E, or maybe a 540 inch rat, don't know yet....

Anything with an engine interests me, a 150cc scooter I got last year may get some head work, and maybe bored and stroked, every engine should be modified!!!! ;)

15. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

Didn`t even lose any teeth? Whats the problem? #1 rule of hockey.....keep your head up out there.

16. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

Louisville Cardinal basketball
    Golf, playing and watching.
    Flea markets, thrift shops, pawn shops.
    Standup comedy...gonna do an open mic one of these days.
    Simplifying my life (throwing things away)

18. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

Working on guitars (I'm a guitar tech at a local guitar shop), reading, hanging out with family and friends, and getting ready for the retirement years (that's a joint effort with my wife). Seriously downsizing and embracing a minimalist lifestyle.

19. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I go swimming in the Mississippi to wrassle man sized Catfish.

Right now I really dont have much of another hobby. I guess the one thing I do the most besides sleep, work & guitar is mow and that definitely is not a hobby.

I am playing around with amps a bit, built a few pedals. I would like to make pedal building a hobby and move onto amps eventually. I just have some other things taking up my time and money atm.

20. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My main hobbies are, in order, home recording, woodworking, and tinkering with my car.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.