Other Guitar Forums?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Binx, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

I once was in Jazz guitar be but i lost my password and my mail, i don't know how, so i stopped but i like that forum.....

dougstrum likes this.
  2. Saxonbowman

Saxonbowman TDPRI Member

I'm on Surfguitar101.com though I don't have a surf guitar, and jazzguitar.be. This is the only guitar forum that I actually participate in right now. There's also Mandolin Cafe and Banjo Hangout. I haven't played either of those instruments in a while.

I like the vibe here, and most of my playing is on the tele these days.

Hiker likes this.
  3. olewaylonfan74

olewaylonfan74 TDPRI Member

Squier-Talk

BorderRadio and IronSchef like this.
  4. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

I’m on the Marshall, Les Paul, Gear Page, and Roadhouse forums. Mainly hang out in the amp sections. Met good people on all of these, some have more activity than others. The Gear Page has an annual local Gear-Feast that I’ve really enjoyed.

It’s great conversing and sharing your passion for guitars/amps with people all over the world. Plus I’ve learned a lot on theses forums.

Deathray likes this.
  5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Wait.

You're saying this is a guitar forum???
    I've made twenty-seven thousand posts on a GUITAR FORUM????

sheeessshhhh

6. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

Haha knew I would get some entertaining answers. I started here as a member just because of the huge variety, you dont have to just talk about your tele. My first build was a jazzmaster and I got a lot of help here. I have searched the gear page, and also learned a lot there, but never created an account though

7. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

Being a patriotic Canucklehead, I'm also on the Canadian Guitar Forum (Guitarscanada.com); not as high traffic as here but nevertheless a good place to visit/participate.

8. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted

The Gear Page seems to have the most active gear classifieds and is great place to look for gear. Surprisingly Mandolin Cafe has an excellent availability of high end acoustic guitars in their classifieds in addition the many mandolins. This sight however remains the place to find an answer to music related subjects and has a friendlier feel than most other forums

Hiker, uriah1 and simond like this.
  9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Their Political Pundit subforum is a hoot.

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

This is my only forum period. I have not been on TGP for a few years, nor Surfguitar101 for ages. I was on a few resonator ones while looking for a reso, but none of them were very active a few years ago. This has been by far the best forum since I reconnected back to the internet in 2012 ... after a 1 1/2 decade long hiatus.

11. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

I spend most of my time on this forum; however, I also belong to The Gear Page (TGP) forum and the Acoustic Guitars forum.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  12. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Let's see...

Strat-Talk
    Squier-Talk
    Talk-Bass
    And... What's this one called again? Oh yeah - TDPRI

TDPRI is my daily haunt, I usually do Strat-Talk daily as well, but I only look at the first page of new posts. On TDPRI it's every page of new posts. Squier-Talk and Talk-Bass I don't frequent much, but I like the guys at Talk-Bass...

IronSchef likes this.
  13. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

14. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Holic

Gretsch Talk definitely has some of the nicest folks. I only have one Gretsch but find myself over there a lot. +1 on Mandolin Cafe for all things mandolin family and acoustic guitars. Acoustic Guitar Forum occasionally to see what the boutique builders are up to. Strat Talk since I got a strat this year, but I seem to need the "ignore" option more there than anywhere else.

Hiker and BorderRadio like this.
  15. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Holic

Squier-Talk has a small (compared to here), super-cool group of folks :)

Deathray and BorderRadio like this.
  16. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Meister

I was on Strat-Talk until I wasn't.

I apparently upset management when I voiced some degree of discontent with a lack of transparency/honesty regarding frequent system breakdowns.

I haven't been able to sign in since.

tery likes this.
  17. Patton

Patton TDPRI Member

I joined and posted on another guitar related forum from about 2001 or so but, as I’m not strapped to a computer (or my phone) and don’t post every day, was never really accepted as “one of the guys”. Many times I posted opinions or reviews (on the occasions I did) they were met with disinterest. But I noticed when strangely similar or identical things were posted in the same thread by a regular it then became worthy of discussion.

No big deal to me. Life is too busy for me to worry about being part of the in crowd. I base people on how they treat me and I treat people as I wish to be treated. After lurking on the TDPRI for a bit I realized this was a far better fit for me. I like to add to a discussion and like to hear all opinions, whether well informed, uninformed and all in between. It’s all information that you can decide for yourself what means the most to you.

I will say that I thought I knew how to do a lot of work on guitars but the level of amateur to fully professional luthiers on this site is second to NONE!! Best informed group of guitar people anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Deathray, FLHT and naveed211 like this.
  18. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

TDPRI, ST, TGP, MLP, TB. It’s about the people, the content,
    and the archives. Probably posted 20k between them, and made friends in the process.

One size fits all? Nah!

19. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

This forum has everything I need - a very wide range of knowledge, both musical and everything else - and is expertly moderated.

I used to frequent a Beatles forum years ago that focused on gear minutiae, but as much as I liked the Beatles, there were too many 'grandfathered trolls' and it became a very unpleasant site.

20. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Im in forums where I have specific guitars.. I post mostly here.. but when I have lets say a Strat, I go Strat-talk for quite a bit, then Gretsch talk.. Im also posting on TGF..

but I like folks here better, friendlier..

when searching for gear stuff reviews and all, TGP has the best stuff, but sometimes threads get derailed and then becomes bash fiesta on differing opinions.. here, there some, but mild, and in the end I get the answers I want..

Deathray likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.