studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Talk to us about your guitars and your
concept for writing such songs!

Thanks.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Thanks Studio!
You are very attentive and observant, thanks for noticing.
I just love acoustic guitars, and simply guitar stuff.
I am recording in my music room I keep adding guitar things into.
I like Taylors and Martins, and I am using my Taylor K-14CE on this song. I also love the electric sound of my Telecaster I just bought two months ago.
I am a music minister for our church here in WA, and I love to play around with melodies, and come up with a song. The melody comes first, then I plug in the storyline and lyrics. Writing these kind of songs is a way to spread the good news, the gospel, the way, the truth, Jesus Christ.
Thank you for asking, and for your time.
You are very kind.

Last edited:

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Studio!
You are very attentive and observant, thanks for noticing.
I just love acoustic guitars, and simply guitar stuff.
I am recording in my music room I keep adding guitar things into.
I like Taylors and Martins, and I am using my Taylor K-14CE on this song. I also love the electric sound of my Telecaster I just bought two months ago.
I am a music minister for our church here in WA, and I love to play around with melodies, and come up with a song. The melody comes first, then I plug in the storyline and lyrics. Writing these kind of songs is a way to spread the good news, the gospel, the way, the truth, Jesus Christ.
Thank you for asking, and for your time.
You are very kind.
Cool man!

What tools are you using to record? Mics, interface, DAW,
Etc. What does your signal chain consist of? Thanks.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
My setup is quite simple.
Imac
QuickTime Player - movie
TC Helicon Create-XT (which I do not know how to use very well)
Presonus Studio 2/6 (2 xls inputs)
Shure SM-58 for vocals
Radial Tonebone Acoustic Preamp
Taylor K-14CE guitar

I do have a problem that I do not know how to properly fix at this time.
My sound is only coming out of one side. I am not very techy person.

I used to have another Presonus interface, which I used to record audio only, and I was able to access the presonus software, and no stereo issues like I am having now.
Because I am using QuickTime Player (QTP) to make movies, my signal chain goes straight into QTP, and I am not able to access the Presonus software at all.

Maybe you can help.
Thanks again

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
I believe I can help.
I will private message you on this forum.
Look for it in your alerts. It's the envelope symbol
right next to the little bell
symbol in the right hand corner of your
webpage here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Like that a lot. Real music straight forward not overly produced solid lyrics and very refreshing to hear. Wish I was closer would love to play with you as reminds me of several folk I have played with in the worship circles.
Few examples
Project I played on with some friends a few years ago
Also have played with this guy off and on for many years

Another friend who does similar stuff to this

Last edited:

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Hi Ascension,
Thank you so much for such humbling comments. I like both your videos you shared. I am really looking to play with other worship leaders in my area, but not been able to hook up with one at this time. I have been singing with my wife in our church services locally. Again, thanks for the kind words and very inspiring comments.
Rene Asologuitar

PastorJay

Friend of Leo's
Thanks Rene. Great song. I really enjoyed it.

I don't play in often in worship these days, but I'm still involved in worship planning.

So I'm always thinking about how a song might be used in worship.

I'm curious how you think this song would be used within the structure of a service?

And I'm also curious about the range. I didn't figure out the lowest and highest notes, but it seems like a wide range to me. Can you put it in a key that would be singable by most of the congregation, or is it more of a "special music" kind of piece? Thanks.

grace and peace,
Jay

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Hi Ascension,
Thank you so much for such humbling comments. I like both your videos you shared. I am really looking to play with other worship leaders in my area, but not been able to hook up with one at this time. I have been singing with my wife in our church services locally. Again, thanks for the kind words and very inspiring comments.
Rene Asologuitar
There are those who will criticize some one who writes like you as being to wordy and deep in the lyrics for modern worship but that is exactly what speaks to me and many others. Like this a lot.
Here is one with Shawn and I at a little Church as an example

Or an old friend of mine from Rolling Stone guitarist Wayne Perkins playing my acoustic at that same place here

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Thanks Rene. Great song. I really enjoyed it.

I don't play in often in worship these days, but I'm still involved in worship planning.

So I'm always thinking about how a song might be used in worship.

I'm curious how you think this song would be used within the structure of a service?

And I'm also curious about the range. I didn't figure out the lowest and highest notes, but it seems like a wide range to me. Can you put it in a key that would be singable by most of the congregation, or is it more of a "special music" kind of piece? Thanks.

grace and peace,
Jay
Hi PastorJay,
Good Evening!

Your comments are such joy to behold.
Its like graduating from a prestigious Doctoral institution, as I am being held up in a pedestal, reading your comments.
Honestly, I was not in any thought of this song being in a worship service - such an honor to be regarded in such level. I am just trying to share my beliefs and testimonies.

If you ask me, this song would be perfect for a meditation song right after communion, and the soloist would be singing the verses and the "falsetto" refrain parts. The rest of the congregation can join in during the refrain, but they will be singing the lower octave (same pitch, but the lower range/octave).
I can now really picture the grace and peace in the human vocalization of the truth, that Hi is the Way, He is the Light, To Him belong all honor, and all glory - especially during the "Refrain" where all tongues speak in song!!!

Wow - PastorJay - you make my day!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Peace, Love and Joy to you and your family!!!
Rene A

JuneauMike

Poster Extraordinaire
Nice, I like it. Unique chord voicings and I like the melodic lilt of the lyrics. The Cry Baby, Cry intro thing there also very cool, I love that chord progression.

I especially like that you are writing original expressions of faith. Who says the Devil has all the good music. Keep going, man.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Hi CapnCrunch!
Great to hear from a Washingtonian.
I am in Whidbey Island. I had a short stay in Bremerton in 2009 to 2011, and had some guitar lessons in Silverdale. The Kitsap peninsula is a wonderful place to live. Are you currently playing music in your area?
Thanks for your feedback.
Rene

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Nice, I like it. Unique chord voicings and I like the melodic lilt of the lyrics. The Cry Baby, Cry intro thing there also very cool, I love that chord progression.

I especially like that you are writing original expressions of faith. Who says the Devil has all the good music. Keep going, man.
Hi JuneauMike,
Thanks for the likes, and the "good music". At this point, I am just expressing my beliefs and faith, and trying to spread the word to the world via music and songs. Thanks for your kindness and honesty.
Rene

JuneauMike

Poster Extraordinaire
Hi JuneauMike,
Thanks for the likes, and the "good music". At this point, I am just expressing my beliefs and faith, and trying to spread the word to the world via music and songs. Thanks for your kindness and honesty.
Rene
I see no reason why our faith shouldn't drive art in the way secularism has for my entire lifetime. I know that Christians are often uncomfortable with artistic expression, especially associated with faith (we love the hymns and the classic paintings for some reason, but seem ambivalent towards contemporary artistic expression). P&W needs more of what you are doing. Thanks.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
I see no reason why our faith shouldn't drive art in the way secularism has for my entire lifetime. I know that Christians are often uncomfortable with artistic expression, especially associated with faith (we love the hymns and the classic paintings for some reason, but seem ambivalent towards contemporary artistic expression). P&W needs more of what you are doing. Thanks.
I am just glad to have found this forum. You are correct, for some reason, the topic of faith and religion historically divide peoples. And this pandemic really points out the need for unity and caring for neighbor. This present time also highlights the human flaw of clan"ism" and the ugliness of "superiority", which bleeds over in the realm of faith and religion.
But, thus is the world, all we can do is "the right thing", like being kind to people and understanding of cultures, and being able to forgive.
Our conversation is a difficult matter to unite with the world, and thanks for the understanding and communication.
You are much appreciated.
Rene

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Hi CapnCrunch!
Great to hear from a Washingtonian.
I am in Whidbey Island. I had a short stay in Bremerton in 2009 to 2011, and had some guitar lessons in Silverdale. The Kitsap peninsula is a wonderful place to live. Are you currently playing music in your area?
Thanks for your feedback.
Rene

Rene we probably don't live more than 40-50 miles apart as the crow flies. I'm in North Kitsap. Of course, it's well over a 100 mile drive or a drive and a boat ride. Anyway, my family and I have started attending a church that my wife and I attended years ago in Silverdale when were newly married. We attended a couple of churches since then when we moved, but COVID made us watch lots of church services and we decided it was worth a little drive to go back. I am actually playing worship there this weekend. Playing worship for the first time in close to 3 years. I'm excited and at the same time a little nervous because I have a lot of new going on in the form of music style, ampless direct to board (via Kemper), and not having played with real live people for a while. Anyway, it's good to be playing in church again.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
Hi CapnCrunch,
Good luck on your comeback worship session, after 3 years. Ampless, direct to board.... with an electric guitar? What instrument do you have/play? How many people are you going to play with this weekend? Are you a vocalist as well?
I do believe that you will have a grand time coming back to play with people again, and the key is listening and blending. Blessings to you and your family for sharing your talents. Let me know how this weekend goes.
Rene