Original Country Ballad -"Concrete Cowboy"

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Strat God, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Strat God

Strat God Tele-Meister

2. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

Nice tune...I think I would back off the chorus on the rhythm guitar, but Im not a big fan of chorusing so consider the source, but I thought there was a bit too much swirling going on......a nice capoed or high strung acoustic might sound nice at the intro...and might add a little more "country" feel to the song...with your current arrangement it sounds more like an arena rock ballad (everybody get your lighters out and sway..) that at least what I'd consider a country sound..(but some critics say todays country sounds like yesterdays arena rock)...a nice arrangement nonetheless....good build up to the end and nice dynamics... It be interesting to redo the tune with a flat top, a fiddle and a dobro or such along with the keys and electric guitars....

3. Strat God

Strat God Tele-Meister

Thanks Don. I really hate drum machines and triggered processed drum junk, but I did this in the basement studio before I had real drums. I agree the chorus is too thick. Each recording is a learning experience.

4. EZchair Picker

EZchair Picker Tele-Meister

I thought the song was really good. I'm impressed with the recording quality as well. It certainly does hit along the lines of modern country. Great job!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.