Ordering from Ikebe-Gakki

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by PsychoMX, May 14, 2020.

1. PsychoMX

PsychoMX TDPRI Member

Wasn't sure if this is the correct forum to post this in.
    I'm planning on a pre-order from Ikebe in Japan.
    It's a pretty expensive Tele.
    The thing is, the shipment will only be towards the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021 and PayPal covers only up to 180 days.

Are Ikebe safe? I do find some posts around the internet saying people ordered from them with no problem, but I do wish to hear some more experience with them, hopefully none negative just to feel safe about the transaction.

Thanks.

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I can’t help you here, but as a fan of MIJ Fender, care to tell us what you bought?

3. PsychoMX

PsychoMX TDPRI Member

Still haven't bought, but I am looking forward to order the Evangelion Asuka Telecaster, a very wild looking Tele.

mugen74 and ftbtx like this.
  4. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

It looks pretty cool!

5. PsychoMX

PsychoMX TDPRI Member

Yes it is, before I saw it I was like "I want a solid body Tele" was thinking more of a traditional Tele so I've decided to go here to TDPRI, I've seen the "Fender Evangelion Asuka Telecaster" thread, clicked the thread, immediate response was: "FENDER JAPAN DID WHAT?!" and knew right away I must have it.
    But not until I get some opinions about Ikebe, they seem good, but just want to make sure.

6. Jmbrew

Jmbrew NEW MEMBER!

I’m trying to do the exact same thing. I emailed fender directly and they told my all preorders are sold out and it’s Japan exclusive. I see ikebe has some listed so I’ve messaged them through their site. I also heard elsewhere the release was pushed back to October. The most current review of ikebe service I found was about a year ago. Person-A posted on another forum in 2018 asking if anyone had used them before to order a new guitar, no one answered yes but the guy went ahead and ordered. Fast forward to 2019 and person-B asked in the same forum if he ever got the item, and person-A confirmed he got it without any issues. As soon as I get a green light from ikebe I’m gonna pull through trigger. I tried to coordinate through a youtuber/merch the last month or spc but he seemed to either not see or ignore my emails through his website and Instagram... oh well!

Ganbatte! I’ll report back here if I get any updates

7. Jmbrew

Jmbrew NEW MEMBER!

I got an update already. It’s a no from ikebe gakki. The Asuka tele is not for international orders/shipping. I attached their email response.

Attached Files:

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

FWIW, Ikebe is a reputable brick and mortar music store chain, major player in the biz here. I think they are very reliable.

9. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

No picture coming up here. Same as my post, it showed in Kazahstan but not US???

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.