Ordered the new Universal Audio Ruby

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I was playing around with the Woodrow before I went to bed. That 4x12 Marshall cab kinda puts you in the Black Crowe’s Southern Harmony territory. Of coarse, a lot of that was a low powered twin plugged into Marshall cabs.

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I guess when my direct deposit clears the bank at about 3 pm I’ll start the search for the Dream. Although, I could just do everything with just the Woodrow and Ruby and my Tele and Les Paul.
Ive got a buddy who is a phenomenal guitar player. But he likes to have high gain with reverb, delay, chorus, tube screamer pushing a Marshall... If I email him something to put a solo on, he gets carried away. I’m going to download a two track to a little 8 track stand alone recorder and take to his house. I’m going to plug his Strat into the Woodrow and crank it and hand it to him and say “Play a solo here!” What he plays will be great. It’s just getting him to use a vintage sound. Now I don’t have to dig through his modeler to try to find it.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I guess when my direct deposit clears the bank at about 3 pm I’ll start the search for the Dream.

The Dream is tempting me more and more. I have searched high and low and there is not a unit to be found from the usual suspects. I would prefer to buy it locally should I find one and decide to close the deal.
I really like all that my Iridium does but the Deluxe channel on the Strymon just doesn't have enough umph! I think I could get by with just the Dream.
Good luck in your search.

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
The Dream is tempting me more and more. I have searched high and low and there is not a unit to be found from the usual suspects. I would prefer to buy it locally should I find one and decide to close the deal.
I really like all that my Iridium does but the Deluxe channel on the Strymon just doesn't have enough umph! I think I could get by with just the Dream.
Good luck in your search.
Dream was in stock online at Guitar Center. I’ve got one coming.

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
Wow, I just checked this morning and it was “reserve yours” or something similar.
Yeah. I checked this morning also. But it said “Add to Cart” a few minutes ago. I called and placed the order because the website sometimes isn’t correct.

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
@swervinbob ... The boost function on the Dream is one of the high points!
I'm not sure which cab this is but I have the 'lead' boost mod engaged on the Dream65.
There are 3 boost settings: lead=D-style mid boost, stock=full range boost, D-Tex=Cesar Diaz mid boost (an SRV thing - ?)
Melody and lead are the Dream. The other two parts are the Ruby ...

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
The Woodrow is a lot of fun. My cheap Behringer 8" powered PA monitor sounds... awesome with the Woodrow driving it. It just turns any flat signal into a 5E3... outstanding.

I haven’t heard this kind of excitement since the discovery that plugging any guitar into the original Scholz Rockman and playing anything on it sounded just like Boston!

Seriously, your comments are really making me want to try one of these. Have fun!

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
These pedals have really come alive with my Les Paul…since I changed the strings. I’ve got to stop being so lazy.