Orange OR15H

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Long_Ghost, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

It seems to be the ideal amp for small clubs, and when mic'd up, big enough
    for even the largest venues. Anyone else?
    IMG_1703.JPG

BlueCajun likes this.
  2. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Congrats, I played these a few times and really liked the OR15H. I'm hoping that they release it as a combo. Great looking amp stack OP.

3. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

I'm bettin' that rig will fill more than just a "small club" even without the mic.

One of my favorite local shops just got an OR15 in.
    I've been eyeing them for a while, but I got a Vox AC15 recently and can't really swing another amp, right now.
    I'm not even going stop in....

4. Phaedros

Phaedros TDPRI Member

Now you make me want another 1x12 ^^ nice stack you've got there!

Here's mine. Absolutely love it... almost to the point of throwing out my '77 Pro Reverb. Only downside is the limited clean headroom (so the Fender will stay).
    Crunch and Overdrive are exactly what I want from an amp. FX Loop on top - perfect little package!

image.jpeg

5. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

"I'm bettin' that rig will fill more than just a "small club" even without the mic."

You're absolutely right about that crossroader. I can't say enough good things about these amps.

6. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

Phaedros, I have to agree with you there, cleanliness is the only thing lacking with these amps. I get around it with a clean boost & a Keeley compressor. I do highly recommend the second 1-12 cab as it pushes a lot more air and fattens things up quite a bit.

7. Phaedros

Phaedros TDPRI Member

Long_Ghost,
    a short run to the attic and I came up with my first ever cab. It's a H&K GL112 that I kept, when I sold my old trannie amp... I completely forgot about it.

Ist it safe to connect this 8ohm speaker to the 8ohm jack at the back of the head while having the 16ohm Orange cab in the 16ohm jack?

image.jpeg

8. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

@ Phaedros, I would be hesitant to mix impedance loads, but there are others that know more than I about such things, maybe someone who knows for sure will post a definitive answer.

9. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

Another pic from a smaller stage. I really like the sound of this amp a lot. photo.JPG

10. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Cool stack and great amp. But for me it didn´t have enough clean headroom when rolling back the volume knob on the guitar. So I ended up with the Orange Dual Terror which is also a fantastic amp with a little bit more clean headroom and overall a little bit less gain.

Orange Amps are great and what I found out is that the OR15 is the most marshally Orange ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.