Orange OR120 overdrive

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by 24 track, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I'm about to recap the OR120 and most of the caps are identifiable so no issue , but the main soup can caps in the power supply section have the markings "part # OM137" and are not specified values, the schematics I have been able to locate indicate 100uf 450 volt on 3 of the Orange scematics on line for the OR120, OR graphic, and OR 80 ,

has any one done this before and Am I in the ball park here?
    I cant find any thing on that orange part # nor the part correllation to the PC board , eg C25, C26 ( 33uf 450 volt) - some one had replaced one with a 350 volt and could be part of the amps issues
    this unit has had previous repairs , like a transformer and some caps changed etc , so I am being extra careful before I start . nice design but a little shaky on the scematics verification .

any words of wisdom before I dig in?

2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

does any one know of a good place to source F&T caps ? this is a well made amp and the owner drives it really hard , so i want put F&T's in it to recap it?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.