Orange Micro Terror Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Bulldog87, Jul 6, 2012.

1. dean

dean Friend of Leo's

I just ordered a MT from Humbucker Music (thanks for the recommendation), and they were great - fast and inexpensive when compared to the other online sellers. Even cheaper than some of the used ones on eBay. They can't advertise their prices, but they'll send you a price list via e-mail. I have a few tubes to try with the amp as well as a couple different 10" speakers that will work well. We'll see how things shake out when I get the amp. I'll keep you posted!

Dean

2. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

I stumbled upon the Anderton's review, then jumped over to Amazon to see what they cost.

They were $119 last night so I pulled the trigger. Back to $149 this morning. If anyone is interested in one, watch Amazon.

3. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

What does everyone use to tote it around? I've thinking an old school metal lunch box might work.

4. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

I believe someone upthread did that exact thing.

5. ProToneThinline

ProToneThinline Tele-Holic

Yes, and if I recall correctly, it was a Metallica lunch box!!!!

I use a small camera bag.....

6. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Telefunken had the metal Metallica lunch box in post # 213.Just line it with some foam padding and you're all set!

7. dean

dean Friend of Leo's

I got my little amp set up and am really pleased with the sound and size. The Micro sits on my desk and the speaker (homemade box with a Mojotone 10") sits in my shelf system about six feet away. Perfect! I dropped a TungSol 12ax7 in it, and it smoothed things out nicely. I also have an "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" lunchbox that I'll use to transport it.

asnarski likes this.
  8. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

:lol: Just opened mine, but will not have a chance to try it until this evening. When I got the box, I was thinking, "this thing isn't that small." :confused:

The amp is about 1/3 the size of the box it comes in. :lol:

9. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

After playing mine a while, for me it goes with my Teles best. Low inductance pickups shine with it. With those its very versatile w plenty of clean headroom. With typical buckers (5120 Gretschbuckers, Epi Explorer, Carvin M22s) its only a rock amp. No enough clean headroom(for me). But I havn't messed with the tube. Im sure this could be overcome with a differerent tube.
    My tele with the Lawrence/Wylde rails(hi-fi, clean pickups) is the bees knees thru it. Suitable for just about any style of music. It can go from sounding almost like an acoustic to heavy distortion and all in between.

10. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

Whoa, this is not a "bedroom" amp. It has some serious power. Wasn't really looking for a bedroom amp, it's just the power out of such a small package is surprising. Going to have to experiment with a tube swap to try to tame it down a little.

I didn't get the volume much passed 2 running through a 1x12. It seems to like pedals. Initial grade is: :D :D :D

11. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

I really need to dig out my old pedal board and try some things.

12. t-luxe

t-luxe Tele-Afflicted

The MT responds very well to tube changes.

13. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

Ahhhh. Keeping the stock tube in for now, but will later experiement with tubes as I have 12au7 and 12ay7 in the parts box.

I was able to achieve very nice tone at reasonable house-playing volume with the volume up, gain rolled down and hitting it with an OD pedal when I wanted the crunch.

The more I play it, the more I like it. :lol:

Was a good test of my homemade speaker cable also. I'll never buy another one when I can make one for ~$5.

14. speedwaygriff

speedwaygriff NEW MEMBER!

sweet! Ii am buying one 2MATO at guitar center.. any one know of any good tube mods? griff

15. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

12at7 or 12ax7 for a different threshold.

16. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

$119 on Amazon again at this very minute. Not sure what happens at Amazon that the prices bounce so much.

17. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

Any one here plug an acoustic into one?. I tried it with my Taylor 314ce. It works okay at lower levels.

18. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Holic

Just changed the tube to an electro-harmonix 12au7/ECC82, and very happy with the sound, through my Ragin' Cajun or Delta 15A (Eminence as welll). Both in pine DIY cases. Better than original tube.
    Photo with my M T Combo.

Attached Files:

19. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

Finally picked one up last night! Traded straight up for my Super Champ xd I wasn't using. I'm in love.

Attached Files:

20. matt mcgriff

matt mcgriff TDPRI Member

I bought one from humbucker about a week ago. I honestly haven't been able to put it through its paces yet as I live in a condo and have 3 kids (and a wife). But it is pretty frickin loud nd gets some good crunch going real quick. I did swap the tube for a vintage Raytheon 12au7 I got on eBay for $7. Sounds nice. I wanted a more rounded off tone. I look forward to opening this thing up soon.

If I have one complaint, the power supply feel like a cheap Chinese jobber I could buy off ebay for $1. The plug doesn't fit into the wart very well at all and the entire thing just feels really cheap. Beyond that, it is awesome.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.