1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Orange Crush 35 RT at band practice - another Crush testimonial

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by studio1087, Dec 31, 2015.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I didn't play them side by side therefore I'm going by memory here.

The Crush is louder and more clear when clean (bigger speaker & more power).

The digital reverb on the Crush is better than the tiny spring tank on the Pathfinder (the reverb on the Pathfinder was always weak).

The gain is easier for me to work with on the Pathfinder as the Pathfinder and can deliver some nice lower gain tones. The Crush jumps into a very British high gain in a hurry. It took me a while to dial a milder classic crunch on the Crush.

The pots on both amps feel sturdy but the Pathfinder seems sturdier.

The cabinet on the Crush feels more solid.

I don't know if any of the helps. :confused:

John

2. blackjaw

blackjaw Tele-Meister

Another "we owe Jake a beer" thread. Still in love with this amp, everything I need.

3. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

I totally agree that it's a very "Orange" sound. It's not a Fender clean, and it's not a Marshall crunch.

My advice would be- If a player wants an amp that sounds like a fender or a marshall, they should get one of those.

I dig that it's different.

Still haven't tried the FX loop. I'm betting the amp would do fine as a clean platform for a processor or "amp in a box" pedal, though. Don't see why it wouldn't.

I still can't believe how well it performs for size/wattage/price. I really want a 60 watt 1x12. Just not sure I'd ever have a real use for it. The 35 covers so much ground. I use it live with no issues. It's fantastic.

4. buddhuu

buddhuu Tele-Meister

Drat. My 35RT was delivered to the office today. I'm home sick!

5. Jakedog

Can somebody bring it to you? I used to bring my brother's homework home when he was out sick...

6. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That can be a dicey one - boss, I'm too sick to work . . . but I really want to get that amp home and give her a good test run . . .

7. Jakedog

"Boss, I'm feeling really bad, I might be dyin'... Tell everybody in the break room that my one regret is that I won't get to crank that amp up before the good lord carries me home..."

Then cry.

That'd work, right?

8. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'd stick to asking for homework or nothing at all ;).

9. buddhuu

buddhuu Tele-Meister

LOL. Knock it off. This is killing me! :(

10. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Can anyone comment on how the 35RT compares to the Dual Terror (ignoring price)? Thanks.

11. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Anyone want an RT35 in the Los Angeles area?
    I have one for sale in great condition but don't want to deal with shipping.
    Too many amps too Little time
    PM me if interested. . .

12. Jackghost

Jackghost TDPRI Member

upload_2019-3-5_11-54-22.jpeg
    So for anyone who plays louder/heavier music I used my crush 35rt at my black metal band practice yesterday.

Drummer is the cavemanest of all drummers. Other guitarist plays through a 100watt tube Peavey JSX with a 412 cab. I had to turn my clean channel down to 5/8 from 3/4 volume and my Boss HM2 volume down from 1/2 to 1/4 because I was drowning out his half stack which was pretty cranked.

I had the combo about 5 feet of the floor and all of us, including the bassist with a 300w Ampeg 115 and our singer, could hear it loud and clearly. And it sounded good. I did have to change the tone dials though, mainly the lowered bass a little, though I was super impressed with this amp.

It really is the perfect grab and go amp, great clean channel with lots of headroom, decent reverb, foot switch-able channels, dirt channel that does blues to punk and metal. And it’s light. Just my 2¢ but I think this could definitely replace some punk and metal guys half stacks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.