Orange Amplification owner's club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by bokeh, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Andy Lights

Andy Lights Former Member

Dark Terror here, lots of fun! Grainy tone.

2. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Nifty little bling for us Orange owners with iPhones:
    [​IMG]

Uncle Mui and Kestrel like this.
  3. DamagedInc

DamagedInc TDPRI Member

Thanks for this, i've only just seen it!

4. srinivassa

srinivassa Tele-Meister

Rockerverb 50W head. Played one in Guitar Center, and I had to have one. (but not at new prices) Picked up the old 6V6 version off eBay for a cool grand. Love it! My go-to amp for metal and hard rock sounds, but it is pretty versatile too! Could easily use it as my main.

5. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Older post derped.

[​IMG]

6. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I was already a member of the Orange club as I got given a 12 watt Cursh combo when I bought my used 50s Classic Telecaster used (the guy was giving up electric and didn't need it). However, I've now added a Tiny Terror to my collection to go with a Marshall JMP1-H and Vox NT15 G2 head. They are all used through the same custom made 1 x 12 cab which is a slant front miniture version of a Marshall 2061CX with a Celestion Heritage Greenback in it.

I bought the TT blind as it was 40% off new price in a dealer's used section online. I have played through the TT channel of a Dual Terror though, so hopefully have a fair idea of what to expect.

I think it may lead to more Orange purchases...

7. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

I´m also in. Orange Dual Terror, for me a great amp which I prefered to an OR15. More clean headroom, less gain Overall, two channels. Love it and this week I´m preparing my new 2x12 cab from TubeTown (well known german cab builder) which has the measures of the Orange PPC212CB but with a flex back so you can use it as a closed or open cab. At home I have two Celestion V-Type, an older UK V30 and a Creamback75 to choose for this cab. For what I heard until now I will start with the two V-Types in the cab.

Here I wrote more about this fantastic amp.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/nad.646987/

8. beexter

beexter Tele-Meister

Proud owner of a Rocker 30 Head. Just a fantastic amp. The Natural (clean) channel only has a volume knob - no tone controls but it doesn't need them - it's voiced perfectly and highlights different guitars and pickup selections better than any other amp I've played.

I just love the simplicity of the Orange. If I want bells, whistles and complexity, I have the Mesa..

[​IMG]

9. ezra1

ezra1 TDPRI Member

I have a Orange 1971 ORS 100 half stack.
    It is great.

Hedgerow likes this.
  10. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Whats your serial number ? Thats preplexi , prepics? Whats your schematic like, have you compared it to the two OR100 schematics at http://orangefieldguide.com/ #463 or the #842.
    They are both my drawings, the #842 is a OR100/2 model that I have here, the SS reverb is also mine. The difference between the two is mostly the position of the FAC, plus the different OPT, with the earlier one being ultra-lineal. Which is yours?
    I've never known what the difference between the OR and ORS might be. And having done the work on the other two versions, I would love to know. How about a few photos?

11. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've fallen for Orange in a big way.

Tiny Terror head for my country band. That's right - honky tonk and old school country. Including lap steel.

Dual Terror head for my rock band.

Jim Root Terror (never heard of him before the amp) head for home fun.

They all perform brilliantly in their setting. And thankfully, you can pick them up cheap and mint, used.

12. 4seven3

4seven3 TDPRI Member

Recently I sold my little Micro Terror stack and bought a Crush 35RT.....what a awesome amp! Love the way the gain is structured, and the cleans! I don't need 35w at the house, but I love the low end response the larger speaker gives! Definitely a keeper!

13. Uncle Mui

Uncle Mui TDPRI Member

Love the Crush Pro 60.... awesome amp!

14962811_10154844629421435_6846143372378307839_n.jpg

14. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I'm not an owner...yet! :D My son-in-law has an Orange head/cabinet rig that I've yet to see (lives in another town). My granddaughter recently took up the guitar, and has an Orange Crush, the small one (12, I think? She doesn't live in town either).

Regarding the latter, am right in saying that the headphone jack is also a line output? Is that cabinet emulation for recording purposes? Can it be used to send the signal to a channel on a PA? If so, what does that sound like tone wise?

15. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

A pic to go along with post #155

photo.JPG

16. Mezzamort

Mezzamort TDPRI Member

I'm in with a Tiny Terror and ppc112 !!!

Hedgerow likes this.
  17. rag1

rag1 TDPRI Member

I love my Orange Crush Pro 60...so count me in[​IMG]

Marcelo R and gwjensen like this.
  18. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Cr60's seem to be pretty popular. Here's mine... Black is the new Orange. :)

I got this off a photographer who shoots a lot of publicity photos for musicians in his area. He got this and a few guitars to use as props. So this one came out of the store, into a photo studio and then just sat and had its picture taken, waiting in brand new condition for me to come along and scoop it up cheap. Love it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  19. 4seven3

4seven3 TDPRI Member

I'm back in the Orange camp again! I bought a Crush12 yesterday for keeping at Mom's place with the Blackstar. This was the same amp that I started with.....it's come full circle I guess?

Anyways, I think I'm going to pick up a Crush 35RT for the house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gwjensen and Cliffyg62 like this.
  20. Long_Ghost

Long_Ghost Tele-Meister

I recently upgraded to an Orange AD50, built by and signed by Ade Emsley. I've got a matched pair of NOS Mullard EL34s stashed away I plan to install along with an Amperex Bugleboy 12AX7 in V1 and an RCA black plate 12AX7 in V2. In one of my two PPC112 cabs I traded out
    the Vintage 30 with a Celestion alnico cream 90 watt speaker and the other I kept stock.
    I'm in Heaven! FullSizeRender.jpg

gwjensen likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.