Orange Amp VT-1000

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Torren61, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

I bought an Orange Amp VT-1000. It's a valve tester. You chose a valve to test, insert it into the correct socket, press the center OK button, scroll right or left with the outside buttons, press OK again and wait. After about two minutes or so, you will get a Green Good light or a Yellow Worn light or a Red Fail light next to the corresponding word. If you get a Green light for your power valve, another light will light up next to the valve choices that indicates the valves matching number 1-15. So you can test multiple valves and match them using that number.

When you test a 12AX7, it testes the double triode for that valve and you'll get two matching numbers or maybe even a single matching number. The closer those two lights in numerical sequence, the better.

The only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't check EF-86 valves or rectifier valves.

It can test EL34/6CA7; EL34L; 6L6; 6V6/6V6GTA; KT66; KT77; KT88; 6550; 5881 plus EL84/6BQ5 as well as ECC81/12AT7; ECC82/12AU7; ECC83/12AX7; ECC99; 12BH7 valves.

The center socket is for EL-84 valves.

be24gECJQsG77K1b%0YnuA_thumb_3087.jpg

Boubou likes this.
  2. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Cool!

Didn't orange have some sort of device that was suppose you sit external to your tube amp and make it run better?

Torren61 likes this.
  3. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Pedal?

Torren61 likes this.
  4. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Finally found the write search words:

Orange DIVO OV4 Valve Optimizer

Now back to that Tube Tester.....

Torren61 likes this.
  5. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

I run all my amps on a power strip off of a variac set to 110 volts. I'm sure I can't REALLY hear the difference but I swear my amps sound better... :D

6. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Also doesn't check ECC88 / 6922 series of valves. Pity.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.