1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Opinions on Madeira Guitars?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by zimbo, Oct 24, 2020.

1. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

I saw a nice looking LP type on CL. I'm wondering if Madeiras are good guitars? Over on the Guild site a guy who said he worked for Guild said the Madeiras were junk. However I've seen good reviews saying the necks are like a strat. Any opinions?

2. unfamous

unfamous Tele-Meister

Junk imo. Late 60's - early 70's imports. You can do better

3. unfamous

unfamous Tele-Meister

Aren't you near house of guitars? I don't know if they have any bargains, but I bought my D35 there in '77.

4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I had a dreadnaught size acoustic back in the 70’s, I thought it was an ok guitar for the price.

5. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

The House of Guitars is more like a guitar museum. A lot of old pieces that are way overpriced that they'll never sell. It's cool to look around there but I haven't bought a guitar there for 10 years.

6. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

The Madiera Guild line of acoustics were real junk. A bad attempt at importing cheap guitars. It's kinda rare to see one that's not cracked.
    I didnt even know they made electrics in that line though. May be ok for a cheap import LP type? Probably not the same builder as the acoustics...

7. widefault

widefault TDPRI Member

Madeira electrics were made by Samick for Guild. Like most 80s Samick stuff, probably terrible out of the box and acceptable to good when given a proper setup.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.