Open Mic in Branson: a photo essay

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
There's an open mic on Wednesday nights about five blocks east of my house in Branson, Missouri, at the Paddlewheel Pub, a floating restaurant on Lake Taneycomo.
1653529906148.jpeg

For an open mic setting, it is hard to beat, with a nice breeze off the lake.
1653530154186.jpeg

The guys who run it are friendly and welcoming. Here's a uke player with a tail signing up. I've heard that many kids are wearing tails lately and have asked the school administration to install litter boxes for them in the restrooms.

1653530332621.jpeg

Here's my wife returning to our table after making a deposit in the tip jar. Today is our 48th wedding anniversary. We used to be regulars at open mics, but hardly ever attend these days.
1653530505308.jpeg

It was fun to see old friends, but I've lost interest in hanging around just to play for a few minutes.

Last edited:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Congrats on being able to play on your Anniv and Your anniv.!
Also, getting anniv present in tip jar :)

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Happiest thoughts to you and your lovely wife Harry. And you’re a real positive guy around here imo so keep it up.

And I was waiting for someone else to mention it but since no one did…tails?

It’s not like it’s a formal evening event. 😉

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
Happiest thoughts to you and your lovely wife Harry. And you’re a real positive guy around here imo so keep it up.

And I was waiting for someone else to mention it but since no one did…tails?

It’s not like it’s a formal evening event. 😉
Thanks, Elihu.

In a few seconds of serious research, I learned that some tail wearers are are Therians.

The alleged requests for litter boxes in school restrooms may be propaganda aimed at discrediting Furries, who may also wear tails for reasons different than Therians.

Two-hole privies were still behind schools when I was young.

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
Thanks, Elihu.

In a few seconds of serious research, I learned that some tail wearers are are Therians.

The alleged requests for litter boxes in school restrooms may be propaganda aimed at discrediting Furries, who may also wear tails for reasons different than Therians.

Two-hole privies were still behind schools when I was young.
I too feel a spiritual connection with an animal. Here’s Abby relaxing with me on my day off. But listening to her snore is enough!

8FD060E9-E60F-4FC1-AE07-84602698252C.jpeg