1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Open G Tuning (or other keys) with a Bender?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by ScottyRay, Mar 16, 2004.

1. ScottyRay

ScottyRay TDPRI Member

Howdy fellow Bendomaniac's! I got to thinkin 'bout trying some open tunings on my P.G. B-Bender...any thoughts ,suggestions, songs, riffs? Thanks in advance!

2. Andy Pendley

Andy Pendley TDPRI Member

Open E

I've recently tried open E (E,B,E,G#,B,E low to high) or open D (same pitch ratio, but lowered). You still get the E6th/C#minor effect when you raise the B string a full step. I'm experimenting with bottleneck and B bender combined.

I suppose you could use open G if you set your B bender to raise the pitch a half step, giving you suspended 4th effects. I'll have to try that as well.

Good luck

3. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

Open G

I have Keith style tuners on my E strings ...so I can go into open G pretty rapidly...at least on the top 4 strings ...and after various attempts I decided open G and a b bender dont work too well...unless one wanted to mess with retuning the bender or drastically revising ones chord fingerings....

Open E-open D...havent tried it but as Andy suggested it should work fine...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.