Oops built up a new Strat…

Chipss36

Tele-Holic
When the American original line was rumored to be ending I grabbed a few necks, I really like them, his is one of them, has a traditional logo, a flat sawn neck, and rosewood lam, fb, that is quarter sawn, the body is a fender cs, 69, the wood grains complemented each other neck/body wise, I thought , still not finished with this guitar yet, the plastics are on order, nitrate pick guard and nylon small parts more accurate for a 60s Strat, the nut needs slots lowered, and a set up, and then sending it out For a plek job, anyway, today was my first day with a tone test, and wow, this combo seemed to work, weight is 7 pounds , 12oz. was aiming for 7.5 so a bit over, I was also aiming for warm, and huge, with sweet trebles, and well …. it does exactly that, definitely not a 50s tone.
its one of them that feels alive, in the hand, so pleased…..just thought I would share.

Attachments

• C133544E-EA04-4793-94E0-A4CC39006E79.jpeg
    C133544E-EA04-4793-94E0-A4CC39006E79.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 36

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
When the American original line was rumored to be ending I grabbed a few necks, I really like them, his is one of them, has a traditional logo, a flat sawn neck, and rosewood lam, fb, that is quarter sawn, the body is a fender cs, 69, the wood grains complemented each other neck/body wise, I thought , still not finished with this guitar yet, the plastics are on order, nitrate pick guard and nylon small parts more accurate for a 60s Strat, the nut needs slots lowered, and a set up, and then sending it out For a plek job, anyway, today was my first day with a tone test, and wow, this combo seemed to work, weight is 7 pounds , 12oz. was aiming for 7.5 so a bit over, I was also aiming for warm, and huge, with sweet trebles, and well …. it does exactly that, definitely not a 50s tone.
its one of them that feels alive, in the hand, so pleased…..just thought I would share.
Good work.

I've gotten to be pretty decent with fret leveling, crowning, etc., but my experience is that Plek is a nice treat for one's self.