Online used instruments site

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Apr 29, 2019.

Fave online buying and selling site

1. Craigslist

21.9%
  2. Kijiji

4.7%
  3. Reverb

46.9%
  4. eBay

7.8%
  5. Other

18.8%
  1. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

CL is first choice for guitars and amps (buying and selling) because I really hate shipping big things. Parts and pedals, Reverb for sure. My last amp purchase I found on Reverb but then drove to the guy's house 90 minutes away and tried the amp out before doing the Reverb purchase. I would rather drive three hours than pay shipping AND have the possibility of a returns hassle. Seller was happier too.

After a couple bad experiences selling on Ebay I won't give them any more business. Plus the site is just horrible compared to Reverb.

2. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

Historically I've bought mostly through eBay, but Reverb is starting to take hold in Australia and I did buy my most recent pedal through them.

For selling though the best by far is the Music Swop Shop in Melbourne. Drop your gear in and wait for the money to hit your account, hassle free.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

4. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

i whish reverb was more used around here, most of items don't ship here, and if they do between taxes and stuff it's killer, not many post on reverb form italy, the most used one here is

mercatinomusicale, which is a sort of craiglist for instruments, very nice, free, no fees, i bought some stuff over there from time to time ..

dswo likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I haven’t sold a guitar to somebody I didn’t know personally since before the Internet.

P Thought likes this.
  6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

7. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

GC used you have to pay shipping....new you don't....

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

FleaBay for me, but I have not sold or purchased any gear for over a year now. Seems like some eBay sellers are using something other than PayPal and that would be a deal breaker for me.

9. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

Only GC for me .

10. Greg_L

Greg_L Tele-Holic

Craigslist and GC used online for me. I live in a very big city with a lot of options and try to keep it local. Craigslist is a no-brainer, and GC used has instant and foolproof return policies.

I refuse to use reverb or ebay. I despise their business practices and fees. I don't need or want anything that bad.

11. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

I'm having trouble moving a used guitar at a good price on the local Craigslist right now. I may have to break down and go the eBay route. I've had pretty good luck buying and selling on eBay. I've only bought a couple things on Reverb, never sold.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I had to stare at your poll categories for a long time before I realized that “Craigslist” is the local selling site.

Around here we’ve called it “The eternal black hole of broken dreams and unmet expectations” for so long that I didn’t even recognize its original name...o_O

Toto'sDad and fnkmstr like this.
  13. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Used ebay for many years and still do on occasion, went with CL for a long time and still do as well, but I'm finding more luck using Facebook Marketplace at the moment. These days I'll list on CL and FB 90% of the time but it's FB that usually works out best at the moment. I've been buying from GC used online a lot lately as well since they have a bad habit if not having a clue what they're selling.

P Thought likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.