Online Guitar Purchases that showed up Perfect !!!

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
I've bought multiple guitars and / or amplifiers from multiple online dealerships. Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, Wildwood, American Musical Supply, Northeast Music Center, Distinctive Guitar, Heartbreaker , etc., etc., etc.

I've been lucky that only one showed up bad, (and I did not list that online store), a few showed up like I'd purchased them in store / off the wall and then there are the guitars and amps this thread is about. Guitars and amps bought online that showed up perfectly setup needing no adjustments and arriving without one single flaw. You don't expect this from online stores so I thought I would mention 3 that have never failed.

1). Wildwood Guitars.

2). Distinctive Guitars.

3). Heartbreaker Guitars.

I have never made an online purchase from any of these three stores that didn't arrive in a state of perfection. Not one single adjustment needed. Not one single ding or blemish I didn't know about ahead of time. Perfection is the goal here and all three of these online stores have never ever failed me.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My first online guitar purchase came from Sweetwater in November.
A Squier '60's Telecaster Thinline RI

Perfect condition and setup as far as I can tell ( have played it on a few gigs). Beautiful, comfy, sounds good to me.
Have ordered small Combo amps and of course, pedals online. No issues

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Encouraging info. Thanks for posting folks.

beninma

Friend of Leo's
These threads are always loaded too.. I've got friends who would say every guitar they've ever gotten was perfect out of the box.

If they had showed me those guitars out of the box I would not have agreed at all.

Some people are far more or less aware of what a good setup/good guitar is.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
dunno, i don't play roundwounds, anything less than 11s, and i like my action just high enough to not buzz acoustically. so hardly anything really shows up perfectly for me. not complaining, just a fact of life.

These threads are always loaded too.. I've got friends who would say every guitar they've ever gotten was perfect out of the box.

If they had showed me those guitars out of the box I would not have agreed at all.

agree, some guitars i've played it's like, man this thing is actually buzzing when plugged in, there's no need to have the action this low. or like, you can't hear your first fret is still pulling out of tune? i supposed we all have a different touch, but sometimes it just seems like people are way more tolerant or unaware of stuff.

Last edited:

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
The Fender Tele and Amp shown in my Avtar were online orders made at GC and shipped to the store. First Tele was obviously a return to MF and was sent back and replaced with a factory fresh Tele. The amp was shipped from another store and arrived with tubes removed and when put back in the amp was DOA! GC had a new factory fresh amp sent as a replacement. In both cases the GC manager was [email protected] about what had happened and bent over backwards to make things right.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter

Not this time around my friend. I know a good setup. I've been at this for over 60 years now and I've owned equipment from beginner to extreme high end. I like a low action but I will not put up with any buzz even when the guitar is unplugged. Low and buzz free takes a near perfect neck build and I own over half a dozen. I've paid as low as $99.00 and as high as well over $5000.00 multiple times. I'm telling you straight out ...... Don't include the 3 online dealers I named with all the others. There are good and better and best. If you want them in order I'll say Wildwood, Heartbreaker and Distinctive. Not so much by quality but more about multiple examples of quality. I've just listed them in order of number of purchases. Nothing I've received from any of these dealers has ever been beaten by any establishment within 200 miles of my address that I personally drove to. It's a new year. Drop the negative attitude and accept the possibility of good things to come.

viking

Friend of Leo's
Apart from minor adjustments to my liking , and string gauge ,........All of them !

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Ron Kirn came in 1st place for me. Nothing compared with his attention to requests through build, setup and delivery.

I've had good luck buying through Sweetwater. No complaints from me. Bought several mid-range guitars from them. All setup correctly and playable right out of the box.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
A UK perspective: the only guitar I've bought sight unseen online was my Shergold Masquerader which came from Andertons. It wasn't 100% perfect, to be sure, but very close: the saddles were very high, and the nut was well-cut but loose. The fretwork was good and the neck relief very close to flat. Only a few minutes' work to get it set up nicely. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Andertons again.

Mark617

Tele-Holic
Everything from my build came from various sites. All on time and in great shape.
I’ve ordered multiple pedals and myTaylor from Sweetwater . All perfect! In fact I reached out yesterday and pulled the trigger on the Gary Clark wah, due Monday lol

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve only purchased 2 of 12 guitars in person, in 1977 Hohner Les Paul for $125, and 2021 Gibson 50’s Les Paul. I guess I don’t have very discriminating knowledge because I’ve enjoyed every one of them.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
My neighbor bought a perfect Johnny A Epi from GC in 2021. It was basically a new guitar at used price. Hand tags and protective covers etc still on it.

ronzhd

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The only thing I have ever ordered that was wrong, was a guitar case. Seller sent me a case for a LP instead of a hollow body. Refunded and went on down the road. I have shipped an amp and the reverb tank was non working when the buyer received it, returned/refunded. Biggest risk was a used Gibson '59 ES 335, bought it used and it was in awesome shape when it arrived. I have had more victories than losses when it comes to commmercial shipping.

Martian

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Chicago Music Exchange. Not an expensive guitar (Squier tele) but it came set up very nicely. Beautiful guitar with really nice flame maple neck. They even followed up by sending me a tee shirt. Was, I think, the first new guitar I bought since I was a teenager. Made me rethink buying only used guitars.