One year anniversary today

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
I'm definitely a private type of guy ... but I'd like to share that I am one year free from alcohol today.

This forum was actually a big part of my journey. I became a member of TDPRI when I purchased my '52 AVRI Tele from Wildwood Guitars and really enjoyed the camaraderie and subsequent advice and opinions when I had it refretted with stainless steel frets.

But every now and then, while surfing this forum, a post about sobriety would pop up. I had been struggling for some time, and the moderation experiment lasted years, and at some point, I realized I was only fooling myself.

While I was coming to terms with myself, I'd see random posts regarding sobriety here, and was completely floored by the support and motivation and caring that total strangers gave each other. Experiencing those posts really was a major catalyst for me to make a decision and a plan.

I'm not even a guy who cares to celebrate his own birthday; but today, I am celebrating with ice cream cake tonight, followed by a solid hour of solitude trying to perfect some Matt Schofield and Josh Smith chops, which are in dire need of improvement!

If I still have your attention, and my situation might sound familiar to you ... if a guy like me can do this, I can absolutely promise you, you can do this too. You don't have to feel as lonely and dark as I did during my darkest days. There are programs, internet forums, and professional help, all backed by fellow empathetic human beings, that are available for all levels of help and all levels of anonymity.

Rock on everyone and enjoy today.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
The first of many .... congratulations!

1657112345594.png

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Cool and glad for you. One day at a time they say.
Now learning Matt Schofield...wish you luck !!!
He is blues monster. Saw him years ago. I use
to jam with Everyday I have the blues in a band.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Congratulations! Nothing I can add here, you know the drill by now. The key to not drinking is not drinking, not even a sip. January 31st will make 25 years for me. I just quit, no program, nothing, just stopped drinking. An AA guy once said I was just a dry drunk, it doesn't matter what kind of dry I am, the important thing is I'm dry. Best of luck to you in your continued sobriety.