one world together concert

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
watching this on amazon prime. Interesting. Parade of various musicians singing a tune from their homes/ Annie Lenox and her daughter on right now.

Some of them are lip synching, some are really singing. The guys who did "despacito" had a real life band and were very good.

Not live, because right now a guy ins singing from England and there is light outside his window and it's almost 8 p, EST

But interesting to see who can really bring it and who can't

8barlouie

Poster Extraordinaire
It really was interesting to see who shined. Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, The Stones, J-Lo, and John Legend were all winners.

Paul McCartney, Elton John, Billie Eilish, ehhhh...and I’m on the fence with Eddie Vedder.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Mick was great, I couldn't believe how excellent his vocals were. Ron and Keef were playing, but Charlie really was just screwing around with sticks while a drum recording played.

Over the earlier course of the show (it started streaming at 2pm est) I didn't know most of the artists from around the world, but man they were all talented, all excellent singers.

I liked Gaga, loved Kacey Musgraves, The Killers were real good, Elton did a good job. Billowy Eyelashes' vocals were way too quiet relative to just her brother's keyboard. Jack Black had a humorous bit out 'exercising' in his backyard playground. Keith Urban had a clever presentation with 3 of himself playing together in one room.

But really a lot of those unknown (to me) people from all over were the some of the best.

Obsessed

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I really enjoyed the whole thing. Sure, some of it wasn't great, but it's the thought that counts. Mick and Ronnie were great, ummm not sure what Keef and "air drums" were doing. As a big Stones fans, it was a bit disappointing, but apparently they were a last minute addition. I think Eddie Vedder was awesome and was my favorite of the whole thing. The show really showed how the global community of musicians can really help bring us through. A good movement during this calamity.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I flew through the show. Christine & the Queens was a standout. All the heavies were great.

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
I liked it overall. what a staggering effort it must have taken to get that many egos placated, that many lawyers signed off. Great to see how many people had basic talent that showed through the lack of fancy production.

I loved the inclusion of ordinary, non-beautiful hardworking people in hospitals, food banks, and emergency crews