One Strat player that never gets mentioned is David Brown

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
He was the guitarist for Billy Joel from 1979 to about 1989, and he also played on albums by jazz pianist Bob James, Phoebe Snow and on the legendary Simon and Garfunkel Concert in Central Park in 1981. Whilst Russell Javors primary guitar was a Fender Telecaster, David Brown usually played a cream colored Gibson Les Paul, an Ovation acoustic guitar, some telecasters and various Stratocasters.

BCBA3D3C-96A9-4727-B218-C552A08CFADA.jpeg

David casually posing with a white Fender Stratocaster

but his other Strat was a sunburst Fender Stratocaster. This Strat had to have been made sometime after 1968, because of its maple fingerboard and CBS headstock.

46EFFF1C-DFB4-4A62-8B0C-7B706572EEE8.jpeg

181185D8-59BA-4F29-9A7D-3A05001BEEBB.jpeg

I have written to several of the musicians who played with Billy Joel regarding this Strat but nobody has seemed to respond. David lives in Gloucester, MA, and I hope he still owns this Strat. He also used a Roland Jazz Chorus amp.

Hopefully somebody will be quick enough to point out this Strat.

hmemerson

Tele-Meister
Platinum Supporter
I know this is a very late reply, but I don't spend a lot of time on the electric guitar forums.

I've been friends with David for some time. He's one of my favorite electric players, and certainly my favorite of all the people who have played with Billy. I messaged him on Facebook, and should hear from him sooner than later, and I'll let you know if he still has that guitar.

Best regards,
Howard Emerson