One Piece Plus Wing - Two Piece Ash Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Mark-00255, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome looking and sounding guitar Mark! Thanks for the Vid... Great photo skills too!

2. Mark-00255

Mark-00255 Tele-Holic

Thanks mickg! The Fender Tex Mex in the bridge is definitely a keeper. It's more of a rockin' pickup than a twanger - at least with my gear - but I can get some twang as well. The rock tone is superior though, at least to my ear. "Harmonic bloom" through some gain is what I like - no frazzy high gain tone. The Tex Mex delivers - through the Mesa amps it was just stunning!

The GFS Lil Crunchy Mini-HB neck pickup is cool too, although in a different way than I suspected. It also blooms really well with gain ... and has tremendous girth and smoothness, yet somehow is not wooly.

The GFS strat pickup is a double-edge issue - the combo tones are great to my ear. By itself, it's a little hotter than the others. With my modded DS-1, it's got good rock rhythm tone. But it's kinda one trick like that. And although it's RW/RP, it's a tiny bit noisy when mixed with the bridge. I'll let it settle in for a while. Eventually a slightly less hot strat pickup may be a good choice.

3. Mark-00255

Mark-00255 Tele-Holic

Thanks Westerly! The old Fuji digital still does a good job!

This guitar's coming to life has been strange to me - every step in the build was a struggle. So at first, there was no initial "Damn, this is the coolest guitar ever" kinda honeymoon. It's not that it was disappointing - it just was so much work to get everything set up right! Now it seems like everyday it's getting more tone, and getting easier to play!

4. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Great looking and sounding guitar!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.