Just finished up a build (Rog Azabache). Played it with the enclosure opened, and verified it worked. Squeezed the board into its tight space, boxed it up, no sound... something shorted. Since then I've been checking everything 2x and 3x. Checking every trace, every component. Tidying up solder, making so no runs or shorts are on the veroboard. Swapping transistors, etc. After every time I think I find the issue, I plug it and, and nothing.... until I just realized on my practice amp I've been putting the input jack into the output and vice versa. I have wasted hours. I probably did this 10x times or more before I bothered to check my jacks. The cable with a fat jack is on the amp side and one with thin one was on the guitar side. For some reason I had it my mind I had connected the the fat jack to the guitar but never even bothered to look. Sigh. thanks for letting me vent.