One of these Strats is leaving in the next several month

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
As soon as I can determine which one. They both have their charms and neither has any deficits. The 57 NOS has a clarity and chime that is wonderful and I think it better looking. The neck has aged is darker now. The neck is a mid 60s C, same as the 61 Relic but it feels slightly thinner. The 61 has more growl. I'm so so, on it's particular relic treatment but it's still a great guitar. I vacillate on which one I like more. I'm just at the point where I'm tired of maintaining multiple instruments. I'll still have a Strat, Tele and LP. (I'm also getting down to one acoustic).
0F456754-EF5C-4C74-ACFA-6CE2A77145B3.jpeg

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Afflicted
I like the larger head on the maple neck one but after that I like the other one everywhere else. It seems to have more character; more of an aged look. The depth of the color of the body and that mint pickguard. The other one seems crisp out of the box and almost 'looks' cheaper. My apologies, just giving my opinion.

That said, I don't get a chance to play them and that would matter more to me if there was enough of a difference between them.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Hard decision for sure. As far as looks goes I'm good with both (50s vs. 60s). Just for curiosity sake:

-Are they both Custom Shop?
-57 is ash and 61 alder?
-Weight?

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
As soon as I can determine which one. They both have their charms and neither has any deficits. The 57 NOS has a clarity and chime that is wonderful and I think it better looking. The neck has aged is darker now. The neck is a mid 60s C, same as the 61 Relic but it feels slightly thinner. The 61 has more growl. I'm so so, on it's particular relic treatment but it's still a great guitar. I vacillate on which one I like more. I'm just at the point where I'm tired of maintaining multiple instruments. I'll still have a Strat, Tele and LP. (I'm also getting down to one acoustic).
View attachment 997816
Is the '57/ maple neck, a 2-Tone SB or 3-Tone here?

This one looks like I see a thin red ribbon, but not sure. Sometimes 2-Tones still look red to me...

( I don't have one, but I love an early '50's style 2-tone SB, where there is a black/brown edge that gets really light/ yellow in the center)

ahiddentableau

Tele-Holic
They both look like fantastic guitars to me, but I think I'd lean towards the 57. I like bright and chimey on strats. I find I can go in the more growl/power direction with pedals/amp settings but it's very hard to go in the other direction.

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
Normally I like maple necks and ash bodies but I like the look of that 61 better and I'll always pick a guitar that growls.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I know it shouldn’t be a factor in your decision, but the body grain on the maple fretboard guitar is exceptionally beautiful.
Actually, I think psychologically it does factor. It's really a lovely guitar and I like the looks better than the 61 Relic.
As I said, in my OP, the neck tint is not as white as it was when I took the picture in the OP. It's by no means "vintage" tint but it may be one day.