1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

One of the most beautiful cars of all time

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by homesick345, Feb 5, 2015.

1. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

speaking of 6 bangers here is one worth bringing up. the last muscle car?

the 87 Buick GNX.
    ( picture is of a pre production prototype apparently )
    chris.

Attached Files:

• gnx.jpg
      gnx.jpg
      File size:
      74.5 KB
      Views:
  2. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Isn't Acura a division of Honda?

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Chris, if you win the Lottery you can pick up a clean, super low mileage S-2000 for around $ 20,000.

I think these are a bargain, given what you get. I might be buying one, except I already have one.

I agree, this car is way "deeper" insofar as engineered in quality, than anything remotely in this price range. I guess the main impediment here is, many guys over 6 feet in height just can't get comfortable in there. All the time when I was a kid and forward, I cursed having short arms and legs. But with the S-2000, I am seriously rewarded for being built like this.

4. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

yeah, that is the problem being tall. i can not fitin some of the cars posted here with out mods.. like a cobra, nope. seems the s-2000 too. im six foot 6.

that is hell of a deal for a hand built car. especially when you consider what new performance cars cost these days.

if i won the lottery id get a challenger ( the challenger ie.. more luxury items, a business man hotrod? heh. is the upgraded version of the cuda. ) so id get a plumb crazy 1972 R/T 340 six pack convertible. when i was a teen the guy who own the local wrecking yard had 8 challengers.. it was the first time i ever went a 120MPH.. i was a fan of the challenger ever since. that 340 with a six pack could just cruise. he had a hemi version.. and most want the hemi.. id take the small block with a six pack before a hemi. :D

chris.

one of my fav mopar engine.. i do like the max wedge engines too tho.. but for sake of lottery dream car purchase ill stick with the high strung 340 with a six pack. :D here is a picture of one. :D

Attached Files:

5. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Because no one would pay $1 to 3 million for a Honda or Toyota.:twisted:

6. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes. And the NSX is not crazy enough as was intended.

One could argue that the Lexus LFA qualifies as Toyota's most insane offering, but I'd love to see the Japanese use their skillz to build say, a Veyron-beater.

Or even just something similar to the new McLaren.

7. Nick JD

Yeah they would! ;)

[​IMG]

8. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Toyota did that years ago. :D

[​IMG]

They did this not too long ago.

[​IMG]

9. tomkatf

tomkatf Tele-Afflicted

If I could have any car in the world it would be:

Attached Files:

10. Nick JD

They also made F1 cars, but why no road-legal hypercars?

11. Driver3

Driver3 Tele-Meister

Here is a car video for you....listen loudly!

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

That is hardly the last muscle car. The American automakers are still producing muscle cars.

[​IMG]

13. KevinB

Hmmm, a "Veyron beater"?

The Veyron has an 8 liter, W16 engine with about 1200bhp on tap. I know it was designed by Volkswagen, but it's hardly the product of a major auto company. There again, neither are supercar competitors Hennessey or Shelby.

How about Koenigsegg's One:1? "Only" a 5 liter V8 but relatively lightweight - the hp to kerb weight is 1:1 - and with impressive performance - 0-400km/h in 20 sec. Not bad for a boring, Swedish car. :eek:

[​IMG]

14. G60syncro

G60syncro Tele-Meister

This guy pictured above is not the more elegant (in a late 70's way) Audi quattro... It's the "cobbled together" Sport quattro. Basically the front end of the 2-door Audi 80 sedan with the steeper windshield to reduce glare, grafted to the shortened (by 320mm) rear of the quattro. The front headlights were the dual beams only, sourced from the VW passat (Dasher in USA at the time) in order to make more room for the massive intercooler.

Yeah it's ugly as a stick can be... But remember I can still beat ya with that stick!! ;)

One of my faves!!

Other than that, any aircooled 911 is just pure sex. And for top down action, I've always had a soft spot for TR6's:

[​IMG]

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hypercars and Hyper Ostentatious cars are for premium marques.

They just cause trouble with the Everyday man brands. One of our favorite ways of teasing friends in their rusted out Mustangs that wouldn't start, was to refer to it as a "GT-40". It was well intentioned ribbing in our case, but with other people it really wasn't.

Look at the lack of success of the VW Phaeton. Beautiful, flawlessly made, highly overengineered cars you can find today, fairly low miles for I would imagine $ 18,000. They didn't sell, and they reminded the buyers of the cheaper, falling apart VWs just what they were NOT getting.

One of the things that made a small Tacoma or rwd style Corolla driver swell with pride, was he could imagine his vehicle was the "best" that manufacturer could do. You could spend more but you couldn't get anything more stalwart. IMO when a company offers something at 20X the price, people finally realize they're getting a "lesser made" product.

PS: There's an '04 Phaeton V8 at the BMW dealer in Louisville KY, 70,000 miles and only $ 12,500. To me, that's quite a deal. If you read through the archives of the magazine we now call Autoweek, there's all kinds of cars, which now sell for millions, each available for $ 1,000 and less. I wonder if this AC Ace, OSCA or Cunningham will be worth something at some point? :)

16. majorbugout

majorbugout Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

17. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

yeah, but for a long time it was. i should of been more specific. what you posted is a new idea. before that it was a bore. when i first saw the new retro models, stang, maro, mopar i liked what i saw. but now im ready for them to move on. they are nice cars tho that make the old muscle cars look like slow clunkers. now they can go around corners too. heh.

my dad had a fast back stang and it was a fun car. think it was 2013 GT.
    the quality compared to a 66 fast back for example is night and day.. cars sure have come a long way even if most of them look so yawn these days cause of stupid gas laws and wind tunnels.

chris.

18. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

that is a prety car, iv always like the Z cars.. always thought it be fun to own a 240,60,80z and put a aluminum small block in one. or maybe a six.. :D

the one thing i like about japan cars, they always give them cool names. we have not had that since the 60s it seems. be fun to say i own a fair lady :D heh
    chris.

19. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Yep...Like the Nissan "Cedric" :lol:

20. KevinB

I always thought the Yamaha-designed Toyota 200GT looked a bit "busy" from the front though.

Even if they have sold at auction for a million two. :eek:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.