One-of-a-kind Big Muff

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Rich_S, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Most of the Muff's mystique and mojo comes from the fact that EHX was changing the parts out whenever a better deal came along. Your 'triangle' muff may not be the same as their 'triangle' muff. In fact, it's a pretty safe bet it isn't.

Congrats, you're a booteek pedal-builder.

2. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

I decided to go for it. Rat off, DIY Triangle Muff on. I had to make a new top shelf, but it fit, just barely.

[​IMG]

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Haha that's great, killed a rat to save a muff!

I have I think about ten muffs and just ordered a (second) used violet Ram.

I'd buy a good aftermarket triangle to see how similar it is to your sorta triangle, but maybe you're able to go through and figure out what you did different from the schematic you used.
    I agree that the new EHX triangle may not be as close as possible to whichever original sounds best to whatever listener.

Here's an open box Triangle for IMO a fine price ($103 shipped) in terms of build quality.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=183967127476

There's always Chicago Stompworks Muffs, I have a couple but not the triangle.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=113790354286

I have a funny problem where I need a backup of anything that can get me sounds I love.
    Lose your one of a kind and you may never get that sound again!

Gilmour used many different muff versions over the years lots of info online on the kitrae site and on gilmourish.

Love those arty graphics on your OOAKBM!
    Cool board too...

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Muff is an extremely obscene word here in Oz.

5. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

My wife was inordinately shocked the first time she found my green Russian Big Muff t-shirt in the laundry.

Wally likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.