One man's trash is another man's trashy Dolphin Nose bass

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I printed out the pdfs of the back control and neck areas. I cut them out. I decided to use my kabob locater pins to hold it in place for gluing. The pdfs are probably prone to error as is the printer, so I'm just going minimally. The holes do come out in even inches so I'm hoping they are on center. If not, I'll fill and redrill. I made 3 dents and drilled 3 holes for 3 pins.

pdf printouts.jpg

pdf printouts cut out.jpg

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Happy Holidays. I found a little time after the festivities to cut the peghead out of the neck blank.

First according to my measurements on a vintage dano coke bottle peghead, the angle is 6 degrees. This means they probably started with a 1" thick hunk of poplar in the beginning. The upside down protractor moved during the photo shoot so it is 6 even though this is 7.

6 degree angle.jpg

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Happy Holidays. I found a little time after the festivities to cut the peghead out of the neck blank.

First according to my measurements on a vintage dano coke bottle peghead, the angle is 6 degrees. This means they probably started with a 1" thick hunk of poplar in the beginning. The upside down protractor moved during the photo shoot so it is 6 even though this is 7.

View attachment 932932
I did roughly 6.5 on my coke bottle for the Bass VI. It just LOOKS so right. My hold up on it has always been vintage Jaguar pickups because I wanted the Dano look but the Fender sound, which I figured two pickups were plenty for ;)

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I did roughly 6.5 on my coke bottle for the Bass VI. It just LOOKS so right. My hold up on it has always been vintage Jaguar pickups because I wanted the Dano look but the Fender sound, which I figured two pickups were plenty for ;)

The plan calls for 5 degrees. I measured 6 on the vintage neck I have. I'm sure nobody will complain what we do Dave..LOL.

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The fretboard got set into place and the brad holes drilled. The peghead printout got glued to a centerline I struck with my square. The printout was trimmed and glued down with glue stick.
caulk.jpg
holes and brads.jpg
peghead printout.jpg