One man's trash is another man's trashy Dolphin Nose bass

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I should have mentioned that my Dano neck is Korean reissue. As for vintage Danelectro, I’d be more surprised by a variety of scale lengths than by shared scale lengths.

They probably have one gang saw for all their scale lengths like Fender did decades ago. It just makes sense.
Yeah, at Danelectro, efficiency ruled!

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
That’s .25 shorter scale than my Dano baritone neck! :D
My favorite bass was always the Vox Clubman (and the Teisco ripoff) followed by the Hofner. One is 30.1" and the other 30.5" (both likely metric) but I have always built a 30"and a 27" baritone until recently. Built a 34" bass for a customer and a 27" bass for me. The 27" through a compressor I accidentally left inline sounds plenty long enough and was easier to play :lol:

Did you type " C0ck"? LOL it got censored...LOL.
Yeppers lol, I never even considered censorship on THAT word :lol:

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I should have mentioned that my Dano neck is Korean reissue. As for vintage Danelectro, I’d be more surprised by a variety of scale lengths than by shared scale lengths.

Yeah, at Danelectro, efficiency ruled!

During the guitar boom years this stuff just flew out the door of Kay, Harmony, Supro, and Dano I bet.

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Here's a hunk of the built in drawer front. I removed the two #12 flathead screws that were in it.

neck stock.jpg

Wildeman

Tele-Holic
Sweet, those cheezy things were always way better than they shoulda been, ive had lots of fun with them. Here's my living room rig from 15 or so years ago, now priceless collectables:D nah........
The Dano is a '57 U2 with original tweed coffin case!
20211214_172609.jpg
only thing there i really miss is the Ricky steel.
I'll be watching your progress!

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Nice looking project. Looking forward to seeing It come to completion.

Let's not get carried away here...LOL

Sweet, those cheezy things were always way better than they shoulda been, ive had lots of fun with them. Here's my living room rig from 15 or so years ago, now priceless collectables:D nah........
The Dano is a '57 U2 with original tweed coffin case! View attachment 928961 only thing there i really miss is the Ricky steel.
I'll be watching your progress!

Thanks for watching. I've had a few original Danos and Silvertones over the years myself.