One man's trash is another man's trashy Dolphin Nose bass

guitarbuilder

Telefied
Ad Free Member
So today at the same spot along the sidewalk where I got the poplar and black walnut last year, there were tools out there with a "free" sign. Who would want an old PC 690, the most popular router on TDPRI? I guess I'll take it. It probably doesn't work. Get home...Remove the slotting bit....remove the base. Put the motor in a clamp to keep it from rotating.... Put on safety glasses. Turn the switch on. Plug in Extension cord. It works... and doesn't even need bearings.... The only thing is the strain relieve is hard and cracked off. Now if I only had some wood to rout......
DSC09900.JPG

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
So today at the same spot along the sidewalk where I got the poplar and black walnut last year, there were tools out there with a "free" sign. Who would want an old PC 690, the most popular router on TDPRI? I guess I'll take it. It probably doesn't work. Get home...Remove the slotting bit....remove the base. Put the motor in a clamp to keep it from rotating.... Put on safety glasses. Turn the switch on. Plug in Extension cord. It works... and doesn't even need bearings.... The only thing is the strain relieve is hard and cracked off. Now if I only had some wood to rout......
Nice find, Marty! One can never have too many routers. :) You can likely replace that cord pretty easily if you want to or beef the strain relieve up with some shrink tube if you can get it over the plug.