1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

One LDC for home studio.

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by dannyh, Jan 17, 2021.

1. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

2. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

You really can’t go wrong with AKG ldc mics. I have old C3000 mics that I love for just about anything. Currently the C214 is well regarded. I also own what is now the Shure SM 27, which is not quite as open on top as the AKGs, meaning not my favorite overhead mic, but works well on voice and instruments. I will even use it on amps on occasion. All that being said, one mic and a budget would come down to a 414, literally able to be used on anything. The newer ones are just fine, I have two at work.

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

I think I say the same thing every time a thread like this comes up, but I'm a big fan of the AT4033. I've had at least one of these in my mic locker for the last 25 years, and have used them on everything from acoustic guitar to vocals to electric guitar to drum overheads to grand piano, etc... I currently have a matched pair of original 1990's AT4033's that are phenomenal.

4. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I borrowed a Shure KSM27 from my neighbor tonight and I love it on my acoustic guitar. It's everything the SM57 isn't.

5. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

The Shure KSM32 is a great all-rounder.

6. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Last night's tracking session: $300 Microphone, $3 Instrument.

[​IMG]

7. closedmri

closedmri TDPRI Member

The KAM MC3 gets really good reviews and comes with 3 different capsules for different polar patterns. A good jack knife that doesn’t really sag in the quality department like some single-capsule switchable condensers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.