On what have you changed your mind over the years?

willietheweirdo

Tele-Meister
Once upon a time, the best guitars/cars/bikes were all late model year, high-end/boutique stuff that was made up almost entirely from aftermarket parts.

Now I prefer ancient, mass-produced, poor man's crap the way it came from the factory.

I will say that I used to put the toilet paper in the holder "under", now I am an "over" kinda guy!
"Under" is essential with some cats in the house!

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Never ever thought I'd buy a Squier guitar, then these came along...

1641926168999.png

1641926222340.png

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
If I include all the stupid opinions I had when I was younger it would be a long list.

I got over my long standing aversion to Gibsons last year when I bought my first Les Paul. I'll probably always prefer single coils, but man it's been nice to finally rock out with one of these

1641926444802.png

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I've gone from mostly humbuckers to mostly single coils;
From knowing nothing about offsets and then evolving from Jazzmasters to Jaguars
From Marshalls to classic Fender amps (and also really digging Orange)
From Floyd Roses to vintage tremolos that stay perfectly in tune (using Frudua method and keeping nut lubed)
From big amps to small amps
From loud stage volume to low stage volume miked through PA
From dirty to a whole lot cleaner
From playing lots of blues scale, pentatonic, and modes to more chordal/arpeggio playing over the changes
From focusing on guitar and guitar leads to focusing on the whole song and how the guitar contributes to the song in a truly musical way.
From owning my music to being content streaming everything via Spotify, Pandora, and YouTube, and being exposed to all kinds of stuff.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I swore I would never again own a guitar with 7.25” radius, or without noiseless pickups. But here I am. Playing a guitar with 7.25” radius and noisy singles.

I also thought I was totally over S-style guitars with three singles. Didn’t have one for the longest time. They sure came back at me with a vengeance in the last year.

I didn’t think I’d ever own another Fender amplifier. Now I do.

The Angle

Tele-Afflicted
That Telecasters were only for guys who speak with a drawl and wear Nudie suits . . .
That any guitar without two humbuckers was a toy . . .
That the blues were all about flashy guitar licks . . .
That music theory was only for poindexters in turtlenecks . . .
That I was a helluva lot smarter than people gave me credit for . . .

Last edited: