On this day of excess

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wanted a Coke Float. Problem is I quit drinking soda a couple months ago. Not the first time, but I had nothing to make the float. When I was younger I liked milkshakes, but have not had one in a long time.

However, I had all the ingrediants. Milk, ice cream and a blender. I made a chocolate milkshake and it was wonderful.

Anyway, that was my moments of excess today. Little too much cleanup to do very often.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
My decadence was just staying in bed. I skipped all the festivities and stayed home. Not because I didn't want to drive 90 minutes to be with my family, but because I worked 13 hours delivering mail yesterday on a predominantly walking route...without breaks. I could barely walk from my car to the house after the commute home.

Black Friday buying kicked off early this year and my office is down several carriers leaving it up to what is left to carry everything. We hired a new person just last week, but lasted one day and quit before the end of the shift. Has been that way for the past 3 years.

The sleep was nice though...

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
My decadence was just staying in bed. I skipped all the festivities and stayed home. Not because I didn't want to drive 90 minutes to be with my family, but because I worked 13 hours delivering mail yesterday on a predominantly walking route...without breaks. I could barely walk from my car to the house after the commute home.

Black Friday buying kicked off early this year and my office is down several carriers leaving it up to what is left to carry everything. We hired a new person just last week, but lasted one day and quit before the end of the shift. Has been that way for the past 3 years.

That's my plan for the next half day or so. I just worked four 12 hour days, we're on our feet a lot too-- and I have to get up so early that sometimes I lose sleep worrying about oversleeping (which has not happened in 14 months).

After every "set" it takes me about a day to rest enough to feel like doing normal human stuff.
I worked today but have a huge plate of food waiting, that a night shift coworker kindly brought me at shift change because he knows I'm alone. Decadence will ensue before long.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
That's my plan for the next half day or so. I just worked four 12 hour days, we're on our feet a lot too-- and I have to get up so early that sometimes I lose sleep worrying about oversleeping (which has not happened in 14 months).

After every "set" it takes me about a day to rest enough to feel like doing normal human stuff.
I worked today but have a huge plate of food waiting, that a night shift coworker kindly brought me at shift change because he knows I'm alone. Decadence will ensue before long.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
One just hopes that family understands. When much of the world gets a 4 day break for the holiday, they often forget that it isn't that way for everyone.

There will be 12 hour days for the rest of this week, but hopefully we get a carrier back from the DL for next week.

telepicker52

Tele-Holic

As a postal retiree I definitely feel your pain! Hard to believe that USPS can't get and retain enough workers. We used to have a lengthy waiting list just to get an interview!

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
No excess on this Thanksgiving Day. The only one of us who ate turkey was Domino (45 pound pup) and that was leftover from a week ago. I thought we could blast through the spare turkey we got the other day, but it was a 15 pounder, and we were just weary of any meat/fowl/fish thing. So, it was scalloped potatoes and asparagus with garlic. Chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Not even ice cream - accidental semi-vegan Thanksgiving Day.

This is a great time of year (some days) to work on the acreage or upgrade a car. New thermostat, new coolant temperature gauge - always something that could stand to be done.