On the turning away....

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
I always liked that group of backup singers. I also loved the sound of that red Strat back in the day. It always cut through a mix very well.

TheCheapGuitarist

Tele-Holic
I saw them 3 times, one time front row, and noticed that pedalboard mounted to a table (visible at 6:25 in the video), and wondered why he had it up there. He walked over to it several times and adjusted things. I'm guessing he had some kind of switching unit for them on the floor, and he could walk over and adjust the actual pedals if needed.

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I was only able to see them once, Pulse Tour at Tampa Stadium. Not nose bleed seats, but quite a ways up on the left side. Still sounded great!

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
Saw them on the 1988 Delicate sound of thunder tour in Gentofte Copenhagen....was standing somewhat ahead of the mixers....awesome sound and light....one of the best big concerts I have ever attended.

Last edited:

stevehollx

TDPRI Member
I also loved the sound of that red Strat back in the day. It always cut through a mix very well.
Me too. I hate to admit that I like the guitar with EMGs the best out of his tones, but it just worked with what he was doing at the time and it may be my favorite sound.

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
The trick is to lower the EMG's for that sound.
Most had them close to the strings that gave that unpleasent sound.
Have often routed out the cavities for customers, so that they could be lowered.
Not that I ever will like them much :)

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Saw PF on that tour - still the best gig I've seen.
I got to talk with Bob Hickey Nick Mason's drum tech for that tour , he sent me a video of the behind the scenes of the whole tour, from Vancouver out through asia , some fun crew parties a few of the background singers were really having fun " Pink floyd first in space"
theres a portion where Dave is playing the lead for comfortably numb the video was shot from under the grate Dave is standing on .pretty cool