On the Horizon 2015

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Tele-beeb, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

A whole new year ahead of us... any plans?
    Our pastor team has begun to make some cosmetic changes... the first happened this week... black-out of the commercially constructed ceiling. Looks nice. Next as far as I hear is a change of layout of the seating and stage on a different wall. Sounds like a cool change ahead... maybe all completed in 2015.
    Any others with upcoming plans?

2. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Our church is adding a completely new sound system. We're keeping our digital board but everything else will be new including the lighting system. We host concerts about every other month with some recognizable names in CCM like Phil Wickham, Building 429, Big Daddy Weave, Tim Timmons, and some secular acts like George Winston, and my favorite so far, Lawrence Juber (look him up if you don't know who he is. I sat 15 feet away from him when he played here, and was absolutely humbled and blown away as a guitar player).

Anyway we've had to bring in rental systems enough times that it makes sense to bring our system up to the level demanded by the acts we bring in. We get the bonus of being able to use and play through it on Sundays, which will be really nice. I'm mostly looking forward to the church getting rid of our old lights and the old dimmers and putting the lights on a completely separate service panel isolated from the sound system. As is, it is electrically the noisiest building I've ever played in, and I can't use my single coil equipped guitars. Looking forward to being able to play my p90's again, and my single coil Tele.

Now if we could just get our horn players to play on pitch, everything would be great!:rolleyes:

3. Worship Tele 1

Worship Tele 1 TDPRI Member

My main church where I've played for 5 years is still looking for a worship leader. The problem is we recently let go of our senior pastor of 18 years so both positions are open. Attend is low, money is down. I've played for 5 different worship leaders in the past 12 months. So my hope is those positions are filled and the band can get close and tight again.

Fortunately I also play at another large church the first Sunday of every month (usually bringing along our drummer) and that has been a blessing. Besides not having any weekday practice, it goes pretty well. All the players are good, the WL is a pro and it helps being around a growing and positive environment. Praying for both churches for 2015!

4. rikomenzies

rikomenzies TDPRI Member

We can wear jeans now! Which of course means I had to go out and buy jeans that I hadn't already ruined at work.

In more relevant news, the budget is finally freeing up for us to replace some equipment that's been sorely needing it (which were "fixed" by less experienced volunteers). We also have new (experienced) volunteers for our tech crew. We're a small church but we're getting there little by little.

5. smithsonian

smithsonian Tele-Meister

We did this in April. The congregation has responded well, however, there are some kinks still to work out which is what we're looking forward to in 2015.
    Also, I'm looking forward to being able to use an actual tube amp on Sundays.

6. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Tele-Holic

Congratulations! We had to go backwards and not allowed to wear jeans anymore :(

Not sure what's in store for this year but we do have a meeting next week to talk about stuff ... so maybe I'll come back later after that.

7. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

Sounds like some good stuff going on... rhoydotp, I hope you guys get encouraging news...

8. rikomenzies

rikomenzies TDPRI Member

My condolences.

My lead pastor has been wearing suits for as long as I've known him, but after all the handiwork he ends up having to do on Sunday mornings it just didn't make sense anymore. I didn't object.

Hope your meeting goes well!

9. jwmanz

jwmanz Tele-Meister

I'm curious why some of you can/can't wear jeans to church now? Every church that I've been a part of that has a contemporary service, jeans have been the norm.

We are a pretty small church so nothing extravagant. We have some busted up music stands and mic stands that will be fixed and/or replaced. For our small church, we have a pretty nice sound system and lighting so I can't complain.

10. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Tele-Holic

we recently changed WL and we haven't really had a chance to sit and talk (happening next week). So far the only reason I heard is that we have to look less distracting ... not sure exactly what that meant as we are requested to wear black pants and solid top (preferably bright).

however, I didn't want to argue about something like that but it's certainly something I am planning to bring up next week. I am a jeans guy and definitely not bright top guy.

11. CapnCrunch

Maybe you could play a fiesta red, or lake placid blue Tele. Would that satisfy the color requirement. I guess you could always get a metal flake Tele too, but they might balk at that.:lol:

12. bawdyli'lmonkey

bawdyli'lmonkey Tele-Holic

can it be black jeans? did they define "bright?" creme is bright by my standards, others think bright = pastel, of course neon would be bright but could also fall under the "distracting" column. protocol without boundaries is hot air.

13. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

We got a fairly large donation from a member who wanted to remain anonymous, with the stipulation that the money be spent on the sound system. We were limping along with a bunch of cobbled together obsolete second hand gear that was obsolete when we got it twenty five years ago. We've endured years of "gremlins" as we call them with our old system, buzzes, hisses, dead channels, and some downright otherworldly noises we had no idea where they came from :eek:.

We are still working on final install of the new gear and are still trouble shooting and learning as we go. I think in the end we will have a much better system. I wish I knew who our generous benefactor was so I could thank him :cool:.

14. CapnCrunch

That is very cool! You could always put a big thank you in the bulletin to whoever made the donation for the system.

15. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

@ CapnCrunch, just yesterday right after Worship during announcements one of our pastors publicly thanked our anonymous donor :D.

16. djcristobal

djcristobal TDPRI Member

I know this is a little late, but for our church out here in Utah we moved buildings instead of renting we are buying a building it's a total blessing! The building includes a line array system and a midas pro 2 board. Worship has been sounding awesome ha ha!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.