On-On 3 lug toggle switch for always on pickup?

FingerMyFrets

TDPRI Member
Hello,

Im wondering if a 3 lugt on-on switch would be adequate to make an "always on" pickup. So I could use all 3 strat pickups at once. I'm running a standard 5 way switch in my strat (3 Dimarzio hot rails). neck - neck/middle - middle - middle/bridge - bridge. I'd like my switch to engage the neck pickup in any position.

If the 3 pole on-on isn't adequate I do have a 6 lug 2 position slide switch I could use.

Billy3

Tele-Holic
It's called the Gilmore mod. I would use an on/off switch. You can use the neck or bridge pup on the switch. Great mod.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
You can use an On/Off switch to tie the outside pickups together. This way, any time either outside pickup is in-circuit, that switch will bring in the other outside pickup. two positions…1&3…on the five way will give you all three pickups while two positions…2&4…will give you all three pickups.

Rob DiStefano

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Make one of the tone pots a push-pull and use its DPDT switch to kick in the pickup of choice. Or perhaps better yet, make the Strat more versatile, a neck pickup volume blender for the bridge/neck Tele tone ...

strat-blender.gif