On Average - How Many Posts Do You Back Out Of Posting Daily ?

I Usually Think Twice And Then Dont Post About xx Posts Daily

• 1 Post

• 2 Posts

• 3 Posts

• 4 Posts

• 5 Posts

• 6 Posts

• 7 Posts

• 8 Posts

• 9 Posts

• 10 Posts

• NONE !!! I just put them out there !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Still trying to grok the exact meaning here or how it applies to me and I think what I do more often these days is read the OP then just walk away from the whole discussion because I figger my view would be pretty offensive to a fair number if I was actually honest.

If I don't think I can get away with being honest, why bother?

If we met FG, maybe in five minutes we'd be punching each other?
If not, I wish you'd post more often when you want to say something edgy!
IDK, the world is in a bit of a groupthink rut any more and if you're an outlier you're needed.
Actually even if we disagree on stuff you oughtta post more!

Not to say everyone here is one thing or another thing, but you know, stuff, and stuff oughtta be said when stuff is being said and outliers are being quiet.

Again though, threads I just stay away from, if they survive for a few days?
It's hard to not eventually get tripped up and fall right in with a post after it's already been beaten to death.

Sometimes I might leave a draft and not hit post, or I might post then delete most of it.
But more often I just stay the hell away if I know it's that sort of situation.
I'm going to help you out here. Not long ago, there was a discussion about hearing aids. A week or two later, I started getting both email and snail mail offering me a free hearing test. I could post other examples of what I'm referring to, however suffice to say, it is not the sweet waters of truth we seek, but a client pool.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I ask myself if I really want to go there and if I feel like dealing with the fallout before I ever get to the point where I wonder if I should delete it. I like the simplicity of being able to simply walk away from some things.

BryMelvin

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Just three. After I bite my tongue. (figuratively) 3 times I leave and go do something worthwhile.

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
If we met FG, maybe in five minutes we'd be punching each other?
If not, I wish you'd post more often when you want to say something edgy!
IDK, the world is in a bit of a groupthink rut any more and if you're an outlier you're needed.
Actually even if we disagree on stuff you oughtta post more!
<Laughing>
If we met and I was still a drinker, you'd probably punch me because I was an instigator. I had a jacket with the Original Old Style Woody Woodpecker embroidered on the back. My bar nickname was Woody. I also did stand up... everybody and everything was fair game ... even myself. I was actually pretty good ... kind of like an Andrea Dice Clay... yeah... those days are gone.

Anywhoo, Punching?
Nah...I'm old school but I also realize my time on this spinning rock is winding down .. I'll let the people who will still have a vested interest in it fight and figure it out hopefully...
Me... I just wanna be able ride off into the sunset on my own terms.

I'm willing to play the "I'm Old... I don't understand anything anymore!" card with reckless abandon.

I do recycle though ...
😆

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Actually emails I find I don't send more often than I write posts here and don't post them.
Here it really hardly matters, but emails apply to choices and actions that have consequences.
Sometimes just typing out an email and knowing that the recipient is not going to take it at face value or whatever, feels like enough and it gets it off my chest without putting their misinterpretation back on me when they apply alternate meanings to my words and sentiments or whatever.

I suppose here our words may matter too but it's different because 10-20-30 of us all give advice on the same issue.
A colleague at work has a draft folder crammed with emails he typed to get stuff off his chest but never sent. If he kicks off unexpectedly there’s gonna be some ruffled feathers when they go over his account…

Friend of Leo's
Great idea for a OP... My main reason for pulling out of posting to a thread (always a Bad Dig Cafe one) is believing that my British opinions on what can often be an American issue.... Nah, you know what, I'd better not go on :lol:

.... Or, I suppose we could all rehash the old carpenters mantra " measure twice cut once" to "type twice post once"?

Last edited:

Rockinvet

Friend of Leo's
Maybe once a week or so, not that often so I did not vote. There is some good discussion on here but occasionally people take a post the wrong way and you get lectured. I don't even bother to say that's not what I meant. And that's not limited to this forum. It's the internet. Theres a lack of human interaction I think that causes it. Funny though, I almost pulled this one.

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
As far as creating a thread, it's very rare that I start one with out a specific problem in mind. And I can usually work that kind of thing out on my own. So, maybe once a month at most.
As far as replying to an existing thread, I only comment when I have evaluated the discussion and feel that I migh have something to offer. I'm more likely to add a "like" to someone elses comment.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
If a topic interests me, I'll always read every post, before formulating a response. Sometimes, my opinions have already been expressed- usually more succinctly, than I would have been able to do. Sometimes my take isn't within the forum rules, so I don't bother. Sometimes, I have nothing positive to say- maybe about a musician I don't respect or who's music leaves me cold. Sometimes, I'm interested but ignorant; I read- and enjoy being educated.

I don't spend time here, to try to slide political takes past the mods, to share a list of all the people and things I dislike, or to take graceless shots, at folks I'll never meet.

Sometimes I catch myself rambling....perhaps an anecdote from my past, or about my current life. Even worse, from somebody else's life. Almost all of those posts get nuked.

So yeah.....this happens regularly- a few times a week.:)

Doctor of Teleocity
Is that because when you start to formulate the post in your mind, you realize even YOU don't understand it? ;)
If I wrote my diatribe on HOAs, you know darn well you’d understand it, because we’ve both been there.

I tell the tales of carving my own path, and not another soul knows the soft hands of it’s winding terrors.

We meet only as fleeting faces passing, unique to our spirits, alienated by the muffled ears turned over pillows of screams.

Wyzsard

Friend of Leo's
iough.gif