On Average - How Many Posts Do You Back Out Of Posting Daily ?

I Usually Think Twice And Then Dont Post About xx Posts Daily

• 1 Post

• 2 Posts

• 3 Posts

• 4 Posts

• 5 Posts

• 6 Posts

• 7 Posts

• 8 Posts

• 9 Posts

• 10 Posts

• NONE !!! I just put them out there !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have a lot of thoughts about what I want to post, but realize it's not a good idea and never start typing.

In terms of typing out a post and abandoning? One or two a month.

Then again, I have trouble saying things that might upset others - going back to childhood trauma.

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
LOL this was a great post. I thought I was the only one! I'd say for every two posts I actually create, there is 1 that I reneg on. For very different reasons.

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
Sometimes a person needs to vent. Let it all out...Get the poison out in a drafted message. Then delete it. It feels a little better to get rid of it. Then you realize, I should not post this.

The problem is, on Friday night after a rye or two, you drop your guard. Type up a post. Hit send. Come back later. Banned! Lol.

8barlouie

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Seriously,
Tonight I had what I felt were five pretty good posts in three diffetent threads... but I couldn't pull the trigger. I don't know ...

I feel like someone who has to bite their hand when they so badly want to say something edgy... it seems to be happening every time I'm in the Bad Dog.

I gotta... I gotta... Must ... RESIST
NEIL YOUNG !!!!
(Slapping my hands here)
Dammit !!!!!
Seriously,
Tonight I had what I felt were five pretty good posts in three diffetent threads... but I couldn't pull the trigger. I don't know ...

I feel like someone who has to bite their hand when they so badly want to say something edgy... it seems to be happening every time I'm in the Bad Dog.

NEIL YOUNG !!!!
(Slapping my hands here)
Dammit !!!!!
It varies, but I say it averages about 1 per day. I do the same when replying to emails. Half the time, I write a few choice words and then realize it is better left unsaid.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Seriously,

NEIL YOUNG !!!!
(Slapping my hands here)
Dammit !!!!!
Still trying to grok the exact meaning here or how it applies to me and I think what I do more often these days is read the OP then just walk away from the whole discussion because I figger my view would be pretty offensive to a fair number if I was actually honest.

If I don't think I can get away with being honest, why bother?

If we met FG, maybe in five minutes we'd be punching each other?
If not, I wish you'd post more often when you want to say something edgy!
IDK, the world is in a bit of a groupthink rut any more and if you're an outlier you're needed.
Actually even if we disagree on stuff you oughtta post more!

Not to say everyone here is one thing or another thing, but you know, stuff, and stuff oughtta be said when stuff is being said and outliers are being quiet.

Again though, threads I just stay away from, if they survive for a few days?
It's hard to not eventually get tripped up and fall right in with a post after it's already been beaten to death.

Sometimes I might leave a draft and not hit post, or I might post then delete most of it.
But more often I just stay the hell away if I know it's that sort of situation.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It varies, but I say it averages about 1 per day. I do the same when replying to emails. Half the time, I write a few choice words and then realize it is better left unsaid.
Actually emails I find I don't send more often than I write posts here and don't post them.
Here it really hardly matters, but emails apply to choices and actions that have consequences.
Sometimes just typing out an email and knowing that the recipient is not going to take it at face value or whatever, feels like enough and it gets it off my chest without putting their misinterpretation back on me when they apply alternate meanings to my words and sentiments or whatever.

I suppose here our words may matter too but it's different because 10-20-30 of us all give advice on the same issue.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have a lot of thoughts about what I want to post, but realize it's not a good idea and never start typing.

In terms of typing out a post and abandoning? One or two a month.

Then again, I have trouble saying things that might upset others - going back to childhood trauma.
Do you have a process for figuring out what might upset others?
That's a tough one, I also don't like to upset people needlessly, but at times it's actually helpful to upset someone before they head off on a journey poorly prepared and would fare better if told they need to bring an axe into that there forest.

But here I find guessing: how do I upset thee?
Then let me count the ways?
That's a lotta guessing!

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I voted 3, just so I could check out the poll tallies, but really I have no idea. When I stop a post it's usually because I've realized that no one else cares what I think, and not only that, but even I don't care what I think!

telepraise

Tele-Afflicted
Very seldom. I've only received caustic or disparaging responses to my posts a few times over the years and I just immediately "ignore" that person. Problem solved. I do have extensive experience in building and finishing things of wood but try to limit my advice to things I learned the hard way or "what has worked for me" instead trying to come off as the big expert.

I may have an easier time getting along as, age and gender-wise, I'm in the vast majority here and often can directly relate to life experiences shared by others. After a long career in educating small people, I remain in the habit of building up and encouraging others. Working in a field where 90% of my professional coworkers (and quite a few of my bosses) were women, I do have zero tolerance for sexism. I hope, Fender Gryl, that you're not biting your tongue over things that revolve around the female perspective. I, for one, really appreciate your presence in this boys' club.

I also would hope that we can continue to welcome younger players. Every now and then we'll get a post from a twenty something or thirty-something. While their world views and approaches to technology and work are quite different than mine, I think we need more dialogue with that generation (parent of young adult children talking here).

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t even post here every day, so the poll is not really applicable to me. I have posted some things that I regret in the past, but nobody’s perfect. I do edit my posts or draft something that I decide not to post occasionally.

<Post edited for grammar only 😉>

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Folks were doing posts songs about ———. I wanted to post songs against Dr—-. They include the Pusher, That Smell, Needle and the Damage Done. I refrained because it included a verboten subject. I think it would have been pulled.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
If I didn't double-mask my post responses, I could correct all of the forum's shortcomings. But then it wouldn't be as interesting around here - where would we be without righteous indignation?

Zoso420

Tele-Holic
Hmmm, posts commonly go when reported and stay if nobody complains.
Who then, is complaining?
I replied to a political post in the supply chain thread. I agree what I wrote was political. My post was taken down within 5 minutes and I got a 7 day ban. The original political post I replied to stayed up until the whole thread was deleted a day or two later. I'm fine with my ban as I wrote something political but I do think it should be a two way street.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Do you have a process for figuring out what might upset others?
That's a tough one, I also don't like to upset people needlessly, but at times it's actually helpful to upset someone before they head off on a journey poorly prepared and would fare better if told they need to bring an axe into that there forest.

But here I find guessing: how do I upset thee?
Then let me count the ways?
That's a lotta guessing!

No process. I try not to say "That is wrong - this is right" and try to ask "What lead you to that conclusion? Others would disagree with your assertion." I dunno. I just try to not point fingers.

Then again, my sarcasm level is often off the charts, which gets me into trouble. A few years ago, someone made a point and I supported them with sarcasm - which going back and reading it later, it sounded like I was making fun of them. Oops.

Bring an axe. Good analogy.

ponycar

Tele-Meister
I appreciate the people who show restraint. I have zero interest in the non guitar/music related topics. I have no idea why anyone would want to argue or flame online. I had a guy say something negative and false about me on a Zoom call a couple of months ago when he didn't realize I had logged on. I have been teaching multiple martial arts skills for decades. I almost reverted back to my youth and drove to his house. People are very brave online.
I only respond on this wonderful forum if I can contribute. I recently answered a very new naive poster with patience and encouragement and others did as well. That is what this forum is all about Charlie Brown. Lots of wisdom here.