On Average - How Many Posts Do You Back Out Of Posting Daily ?

I Usually Think Twice And Then Dont Post About xx Posts Daily

• 1 Post

• 2 Posts

• 3 Posts

• 4 Posts

• 5 Posts

• 6 Posts

• 7 Posts

• 8 Posts

• 9 Posts

• 10 Posts

• NONE !!! I just put them out there !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Recently I was posting on a different forum, and it felt very refreshing to be able to use adult language to discuss current events. It was actually kind of a drag to come back here and have to watch out for the Thought Police.
Offsetguitars?
I felt similarly unfettered but it got boring, kind oflike how some folks use the F word several times per sentence.
Of course some discussions had no need for members to call each other names, but why is it valuable to say I put new pickups in my effing Tele and the effer sounded better with the effing old pickups?

Unless it was a sex forum?

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Yeah I try to communicate through irony but that's similar to sarcasm in being taken the wrong way as often as not.
Guess I'm stubborn in being myself rather than trying to become a forum bot character actor or whatever one needs to do to personify in digital media.
How do I know this is really you?

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I edit my posts quite often, but mainly because of typos or gibberish and a quick 'post' finger. I too struggle not to use the sweary words, but mostly I manage. Sometimes I don't, and the mods pounce. Fair enough.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Apparently I like running my mouth. Who knew... ?
Although there are those rare times I increduibly go "Naaahhh..." and just delete it.

48sszx.jpg

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
I do it quite often, once a day maybe?

And it's not even controversial stuff. Does anyone really care what pedal or amp I use? I like my gear, but what if I used something else? Do I really care about making my gear choices public? Why?

I still poast too much.

Davecam48

Poster Extraordinaire
I do it quite often, once a day maybe?

And it's not even controversial stuff. Does anyone really care what pedal or amp I use? I like my gear, but what if I used something else? Do I really care about making my gear choices public? Why?

I still poast too much.

Do you have toast with your poast???

DC

Dave Hicks

Friend of Leo's
I think my average is about twice a day I will at least open the reply window and sometimes even get a whole paragraph in there before deleting it

sometimes I'll type a whole big thing and realize it's all been said already "upstream"

sometimes I'll start and then think "this is gonna a PITA to explain right"

sometimes I'll start and then realize I don't know spit about the topic

sometimes all I got is a dumb joke

I with you, mostly, but I don't usually stop myself from posting the dumb jokes.

D.H.

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
I’ve only posted two that I regretted. Both were promptly removed by mods anyway.
A few weeks ago a new member insulted my wife. I replied with a threat of violence. It was promptly taken down as well. But I did not regret it.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
First off: I respect and admire your restraint (and incidentally your killer well-documented First Act builds and threads...)

I didn’t enter a vote because I don’t think it happens daily, but there are days when I definitely wrestle with myself to not post in response to something, reminding myself that no one really needs to hear what I have to say, or a social skills correction, or whatever.

Come to think of it most of the time I leave this place happier for having stopped in; there’s usually something that interests me going on, a variety of activity and usually plenty of good vibes floating around.

I’ve not encountered many “help, here’s my problem (barely described), now I’m going to to dismiss every bit of advice I get as not applicable, and at some point say ‘typical (site name), ask for a simple X and you get a bunch of irrelevant _____...’” people here. That is a big plus.

Probably a couple times a week. Not listed so I didn’t vote.
Yeah, I didn't vote either. Maybe once or twice per week.

Once, someone was posting about how rough his upbringing was. I nearly posted "But it's alright now; in fact, it's a gas." because I didn't want to imply that his mother was a toothless, bearded hag. So, I erased it.

Does it count if you are using your iPhone to visit the TDPRI, and you accidentally hit quote, and the quoted post appears in a new posting box? Now I do that all the time, but I don't think that was the original question or intent of the OP.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Usually I dont click the post button because they may be too dorky or I really dont know squat.

basher

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
If it's just me stating my opinion and there are already ten pages of other people stating their opinions, I don't even bother. I think I've come around to understanding things my subjective way and being ok with other people not sharing my view. So yeah, in general I'm posting a lot less these days.

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
These days, a lot depends on how I'm reacting to my pain. In that mode, I often take a lot of time to write a sentence. That's just how it goes with pain.

For historical topics, I like to share the memories of how I felt about them at the time. This gets me into band and gigging histories, which sometimes run counter to what others have experienced. If I have doubts about a memory, I do a little googling. That's where I get into the rabbit holes. I try to recognize that and walk away.

I don't know if it is the pain or the meds, but I've been having more problems with spelling a given word. I like to tough it out for a bit, but increasingly I just type a word in google, which helps. These tend to be words that I know and use a lot. Then, bam, out of the blue a word will seem off and internally out of sync. As I try variations, I sometimes come up with some ridiculous spellings, which cause me mental anguish, before I give up and google it. Which is no fun, but works.

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Almost never. If I feel the need to drop the “wisdom” or convince folks I’m “right” I just take a break for a few days/weeks/months. I’m either Rosencrantz or Guildenstern. Who can remember?