On Average - How Many Posts Do You Back Out Of Posting Daily ?

I Usually Think Twice And Then Dont Post About xx Posts Daily

• 1 Post

• 2 Posts

• 3 Posts

• 4 Posts

• 5 Posts

• 6 Posts

• 7 Posts

• 8 Posts

• 9 Posts

• 10 Posts

• NONE !!! I just put them out there !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
the other day I saw a Buick thread...

I thought what rhymes with buick to put in a limerick?... to do something therapeutic and juggle some words between posts....

then thought .. maybe I'll work on it before posting... ;)

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I think I have pretty good filters. I rarely write something and then think better about posting it. I don’t post what I don’t believe adds to the thread. There’s no formality of citing references here but I don’t hesitate to refer to other posters. My best estimate is that I choose not to Post reply no more than once or twice each week.

Other people sometimes make decisions like that for me. I sometimes drive close to the guardrails and a moderator deletes a post. I got a warning about jingoism this month. I looked up the definition in Wikipedia and while I don’t think my post was that, I may have scraped a wheel on the curb.

So I apologize to anyone who had taken offense to anything I’ve posted that slipped past my filters and the mods didn’t catch. But I’ll say this. I try to check my facts before I click Post. I have nothing to apologize for if the facts conflict with someone else’s opinion.

Last edited:

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
My philosophical and world views often don’t jibe with those of artistic types, especially other musicians. I try to stay away from the non-guitar related stuff on the forum unless it’s something humorous. I’ll start to respond to something I should stay out of a couple times a week, then delete the post.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve already backed out of about five in the last 10 minutes. This place is over-moderated and some people here are a little sensitive. I have to watch myself.

Recently I was posting on a different forum, and it felt very refreshing to be able to use adult language to discuss current events. It was actually kind of a drag to come back here and have to watch out for the Thought Police.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I edit, and “back out” of a few posts a day.
I think I can sense threads that are doomed, or headed for drama.
I don’t see lots of those, but trolls still exist.
The mods stay on top of things very well here.
I try not to be negative, but I sometimes fail.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
I admire brevity, but haven’t acquired that skill, yet.

To paraphrase: Better to withhold the blather and just have people wonder if you were last in line when the brains were passed out than to post away and remove all doubt.

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I edit quite a bit. Sometimes I'll edit a post right out of existence. Sometimes I'll think I wrote something, but in fact reworded, and that detail got lost in the shuffle.

Occasionally I'll try sarcasm, and less occasionally I'll remember how poorly sarcasm usually fares in forum-speak.

Let me post this before I say "screw it".

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’ve already backed out of about five in the last 10 minutes. This place is over-moderated and some people here are a little sensitive. I have to watch myself.
He he over moderated huh.

I was a member of a guitar forum that allows all topics, and members can swear at each other and call each other any names.
Zero moderation, nuthin.

Even a biker bar is more cordial.
I got bored and stopped wanting to comment in the hail of bullets.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I edit quite a bit. Sometimes I'll edit a post right out of existence. Sometimes I'll think I wrote something, but in fact reworded, and that detail got lost in the shuffle.

Occasionally I'll try sarcasm, and less occasionally I'll remember how poorly sarcasm usually fares in forum-speak.

Let me post this before I say "screw it".
Yeah I try to communicate through irony but that's similar to sarcasm in being taken the wrong way as often as not.
Guess I'm stubborn in being myself rather than trying to become a forum bot character actor or whatever one needs to do to personify in digital media.