On Average - How Many Posts Do You Back Out Of Posting Daily ?

I Usually Think Twice And Then Dont Post About xx Posts Daily

• 1 Post

• 2 Posts

• 3 Posts

• 4 Posts

• 5 Posts

• 6 Posts

• 7 Posts

• 8 Posts

• 9 Posts

• 10 Posts

• NONE !!! I just put them out there !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

FenderGyrl

Poster Extraordinaire
Seriously,
Tonight I had what I felt were five pretty good posts in three diffetent threads... but I couldn't pull the trigger. I don't know ...

I feel like someone who has to bite their hand when they so badly want to say something edgy... it seems to be happening every time I'm in the Bad Dog.

I gotta... I gotta... Must ... RESIST
NEIL YOUNG !!!!
(Slapping my hands here)
Dammit !!!!!

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I think my average is about twice a day I will at least open the reply window and sometimes even get a whole paragraph in there before deleting it

sometimes I'll type a whole big thing and realize it's all been said already "upstream"

sometimes I'll start and then think "this is gonna a PITA to explain right"

sometimes I'll start and then realize I don't know spit about the topic

sometimes all I got is a dumb joke

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
First off: I respect and admire your restraint (and incidentally your killer well-documented First Act builds and threads...)

I didn’t enter a vote because I don’t think it happens daily, but there are days when I definitely wrestle with myself to not post in response to something, reminding myself that no one really needs to hear what I have to say, or a social skills correction, or whatever.

Come to think of it most of the time I leave this place happier for having stopped in; there’s usually something that interests me going on, a variety of activity and usually plenty of good vibes floating around.

I’ve not encountered many “help, here’s my problem (barely described), now I’m going to to dismiss every bit of advice I get as not applicable, and at some point say ‘typical (site name), ask for a simple X and you get a bunch of irrelevant _____...’” people here. That is a big plus.

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't know about daily, but I pretty regularly start typing a response to something before I realize that I have nothing helpful to contribute, or that I just don't care. It's rarely even big deal, I just start typing and kind of get deflated about it. I think it's good to recognize that your input just isn't needed.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Maybe one in ten times, I just think- "yeah, nobody cares what you think/nobody really asked" and I delete or decide against.
I really never want to come across as that "know it all" or "last word" guy.

But at the same time, sometimes observed ignorance really irks me...

But I am a sucker for the obvious joke reply, even if no-one "gets" it.
Cant help it.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Once or twice a day across 3 guitar forums. Usually I'm responding to someone being a jackass or confidently stating something rong in absolute terms, but then I realize that a response won't improve anything.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'll kill a post if I don't think it adds anything constructive to the discussion, or sometimes I'll do some quick research before hitting "send" and discover I'm just wrong about something, and I'll kill it. Or if it's just a hot take.

I wish I could catch more of them before posting.

Doctor of Teleocity
72016EF9-FBCE-4FB1-AA1D-005427926EEE.jpeg

Me going to the “general discussion” of one of the largest gun forums. I was gently nudged, but it is quite refreshing.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I try not to post if i feel there is an abrupt negative vibe , and i will be feeding into it , and I see a few of these everyday , not worth my time to explain myself on these issues or have defend my opposing POV

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I 'back out' of # of posts much less than I used to' maybe a few years ago.

I used to be more reactive/negative/ or confrontational in some of my responding posts, over topics or opinions- than I am today.

( edit- to the point of OP, would compose maybe 'snarky' replies that thankfully, I did not post- but some, I would...)

It's not that I no longer disagree about something- so much as I just shut up, keep it to myself. Don't want to be negative or fight.
Just more important to stay civil- than to fight over something silly/subjective, personal, like about, say guitar brands ( " Martins suck!", " I'll never play an Epiphone!") SS vs. tube amps, drinking soda, eating hot dogs...just done with arguing. You like what you like, I like what I like.

Now if someone wants a good opinion or info on something I actually know about, I will post 'a book!'

Just saying I don't even compose ' argument' posts anymore...
I do 'pre-delete' posts I start that are the same info/ redundant to what someone else has just posted...

Hope I'm making sense!

Last edited: