1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

On a less serious note.............

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dbickford, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

How do you prefer to spell it? I can't think of a common English word with more possible spellings. Wikipedia:

In English, there are several variations of the spelling of the word, including yogurt, yoghurt, yoghourt, yogourt, yaghourt, yahourth, yoghurd, joghourt, and jogourt.[6][7][8] In the United Kingdom and Australia, yogurt and yoghurt are both current, yogurt being more common[9] and used by the Australian and British dairy councils,[10][11] and yoghourt is an uncommon alternative.[9] In the United States, yogurt is the usual spelling and yoghurt a minor variant.[9] In New Zealand, yoghurt is preferred by the New Zealand Oxford Dictionary.[12] In Canada, yogurt is most common among English speakers,[9] but many brands use yogourt,[13] since it is an acceptable spelling in both English and French, the official languages of Canada.

2. Shiro

Shiro Tele-Meister

So you assume that everyone on this forum actually opens the container as designed so the fruit IS on the bottom????? Newb

3. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Neither. I shake it first.

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

I get plain yogurt and make raita out of it. Any food that doesn't make the top of my bald li'l head damp isn't worth eating.

5. Missipimud

Missipimud Tele-Meister

I never buy the stuff WITH fruit. I like to do my own mods to it.

6. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

Yogurt is milk gone bad. It is all just a marketing ploy to get you to eat spoiled milk.

Wise up!

7. Prism879

Prism879 Tele-Meister

Don't really ever buy the yogurt with fruit on the bottom. Actually, come to think of it, I've only bought plain ol' key lime pie flavor yogurt for the past 5 years.

8. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

...and I was just gonna write "Stir". Kinda embarrassed.

9. dbickford

dbickford Tele-Afflicted

Well, if it's Non-fat, I think a little stir may be in order. On the other hand, 2% Greek should be enjoyed undisturbed.
    And WTF?, no pics?

10. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I don't eat yogurt....

I don't do anything else with it either, just to be perfectly clear here......

11. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

I spend a lot of time every spring treating baby calves that have diarrhea, which coincidentally given that they survive strictly on milk for the first few weeks of their lives, means they are passing a cultured dairy product through their intestines.

Yogurt is calf scours!

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

I start at one side and carefully slice straight downward with the spoon so that each bite has exactly the amount of fruit and syrup proportional to the amount of yogurt that was resting on top of it. For best results, you need to hold the yogurt cup at a 45-dgree angle (+/-3degrees). I don't want it pre-mixed, because then you lose the contrast between the yogurt and the fruit/syrup. Duh.

13. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

On first thought.. I'll write yoghurt....not sure why? we didn't have it in the fridge as kids... then, I wonder if it's right?....:lol:

just checked some from the fridge... and it appears they both spell differently from how I thought it was written..yogurt, yoghourt...mmmm :confused:

what a mess...:lol:

I don't get the fruit stuff or the sweetened dessert style ones.... and use real fruit or some honey to sweeten plain yoghurt..;)

Attached Files:

14. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

I feel that you have, also... After all... That's the way I do it. ;) :lol:

15. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah! This is what I do. I want every spoonful to be like that - not all yogurt and then all fruit, but the correct combination all the way to the end so you always get the full yogurt/fruit experience. In fact, for me, perfection would be if each spoonful had a yogurt base with a dollop of fruit sitting neatly in the middle, but that would be impossible to achieve eating out of a pot.

16. ValveFan

ValveFan Tele-Meister

amphibole? :confused:

17. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I had to wikipedia what fruit is. That Greek yogurt with the chocolate chunks, now were talking!

18. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I never saw yogurt as a kid... didn't know anything about it.... right through highschool even... I can't recall anyone ever having/talking about yogurt?..

kinda strange when I think how "everywhere" it is today.... and how ancient a food stuff it is...

it wasn't until I was backpacking in Greece in my early 20's I was getting the fresh yogurt in the local shops..and the old nonas would put a drizzle of honey on top....

awww yummmo.... I continued to eat it all through the middle east/India/Asia on my way home.. fresh curd/yogurt and bananas for brekky..

I like the tang of the unsweetened natural yogurt/curd....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.