Olympic white tele, thinking about changing the pickguard, what ya got?

Downsman

Tele-Meister
Not a Tele, but I swapped the mint pg my Mustang PJ Bass came with for an aged white pearl, and pretty happy with the result. Felt it gave the bass a bit of a vintage 60s vibe. I know pearl isn't for everyone, though.
Mustang PJ.jpg

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Mint green. The mintiness -must- be a hintiness or it'll be a mess. Mint green looks great on white, but too green and it looks nauseous.
Aged white or parchment MOTS can look nice, so can a reddy tort.

Yeah, I think one has to pick up (in person, in decent light) the most subdued Fender Brand Mint Green pickguards one can find. And it could take some searching. Folks who complain about Mint Green are normally offended by the Pistachio colored guards. But those are not what one wants and aren't what guys like me are talking about when we say we like Mint.

Heck, they're almost a gray color.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
That's pretty cool, but what's going on around that middle pickup there?
The original cover that was on the middle Strat pickup was white, but as the guitar turned cream, the cover did not. It looked awful. That is a replacement cover in cream that I had not peeled off the protective film yet. I changed the pickup cover when I swapped the pickguard from black to tortoise.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Standard Operating Procedure, for me, when I acquire a MIM Deluxe Nashville, is to change the middle (Strat) pickup cover from white to black. That white color, just looks so off and as I think you are saying, nothing worse than a white pickup cover and a white pickguard that do not match well. Black is always the solution, for me.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
By the way, I am not saying that Mint Green works with everything. Much as I love a good Mint Green, if your "white" guitar is a yellow "Vintage White" or BSB or really any body shade of yellow, please save your Mint Green pickguard for another project. Something about pairing Mint Green with (almost any shade of) Yellow is awful and it is awful even when it came that way from Mr. Clarence Leonidas Fender himself.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
My apologies to everyone I offended when I said I hate Mint Green pick guards.

To each their own, lets agree to disagree, Bob's your uncle, and all that.
I probably should have used softer words.

'Hate' is such a strong word.

So, accordingly, I'll clarify.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,
dislike Mint Green pick guards.

:)